Spring is just around the corner and I am just too stinkin’ excited! Spring brings in all the gorgeous colors and it also gives me the opportunity to make our favorite Easter Candy, Bunny Tail Mix. It is a combination of a sweet and salty that you’ll end up eating by the handful! It’s also one of my favorite treats to package in a cute way. Last year I made Bunny Tail Mix Push Pops that came with a free printable. This year I went a little bigger!
Easter Candy: Bunny Tail Mix
I found these absolutely adorable bunny tails in the dollar section at Target and just couldn’t resist them. They are on an alligator clip so it makes them so easy to attach to just about anything. I decided that it was only appropriate to create a mason jar bunny filled with Bunny Tail Mix.
The ears are made from white and pink foam that I cut out according to the size that I thought was appropriate to stand up over the edge of the mason jar. The white portion of the ears are about 6″ tall and the pink is 4″. I then attached the pink within the white of the ears using glue. Simple and easy here. I used tulle to tie the ears onto the mason jar. I easily could have glued the ears to the top of the mason jar, but I like being able to use mason jars over again.
The finishing touch was attaching the bunny tail, which was a cinch because of the alligator clip. I simply attached it to the tulle in the back. How cute right?!
You can grab the recipe for the Bunny Tail Mix as well as the free printable tags here.
- 1 Bag of microwaveable popcorn
- 1 cup of broken pretzels
- 6 oz. Spring M & M's
- 6 oz. Mini Robin Eggs
- 6 oz. Wilton's White Chocolate Melts
- Spring colored sprinkles
- Pop the bag of popcorn according to directions.
- Combine popcorn, pretzels, M & M's and Mini Robin Eggs in a large bowl.
- Melt Wilton's White Chocolate Melts according to package directions.
- Pour the chocolate over the mixture in the bowl and mix with a spoon.
- On a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper spread out the covered mixture and sprinkle the Spring sprinkles over the top.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and harden before serving or packaging.
Pages: 1 2