Back to school is right around the corner and we all know that the most important meal of the day is breakfast. Two of my absolute favorite flavors are lemon and strawberry so I put them together in this fabulously quick and easy Lemon Poppy Seed Jam Filled Muffins. The best part of these muffins are the star shape. They make a perfect breakfast for your little shining star.
Lemon Poppy Seed Jam Filled Muffins
These muffins are extremely kid friendly, regardless of whether or not you use a star shaped tin or regular cupcake lined muffin tins. If you’re using a fun shape like a star and it is a springform pan, be sure to use plenty of baking spray to make sure that you can get your muffins out. I used Betty Crocker’s Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Mix to create the batter. This is all about being creative and why would you recreate the wheel if it already tastes so good?!
For the jam filling I use my Strawberry Jam without Pectin, which we always make after strawberry picking. If you’ve never gone strawberry picking before, I highly recommend it. It’s an opportunity to teach your children about where our food comes from and it’s a great excuse to get them outside in the sunshine. I use a tablespoon of jam, but you can use as little or as much as you like depending upon how much of a filling you want. Your cook time will vary though based on your jam so make sure to keep an eye on it. You want a golden brown color on top and for the muffin to spring back when you touch it. If it sinks, then stick them back in for another minute or two.
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Mix
- 12 tablespoons Strawberry Jam (1 tablespoon per muffin)
- Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Spray pan with cooking spray or use cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Make the Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin batter according to the box instructions.
- Fill each fun tin less than half way with the batter mix.
- Add a tablespoon of jam to the batter.
- Cover the jam with batter until the tin is a little more than ¾ of the way filled.
- For the lemon glaze combine the confectioners sugar with lemon juice and pour over the baked muffins.