Hi! It’s Jennie from The Diary of a Real Housewife. Mexican food has always been a favorite of mine. Ever since I can remember I was asking for tacos for dinner. We still do some kind of Mexican inspired food every week (or more) in my house. We did taco night a little different and made some delicious taco stuffed peppers.
Taco Stuffed Peppers
I told you we eat Mexican inspired food several times a week. Since we do tacos so often I’m always looking for ways to recreate it or use up the leftovers. My kids favorite was our taco roll-ups! This meal actually came from left overs from the night before. We had some friends over and made a taco bar. We ended up with lots of left overs so I just mixed the left overs together and made these peppers.
I’ve made lots of other classic meals into stuffed peppers, like these quinoa pizza stuffed peppers. It’s a great way to change up the same old. For these taco stuffed peppers I just used taco seasoned ground beef, Spanish rice, and corn. Top it with shredded cheese and then bake.
Something I really love about tacos is how you can make them your own. Use ground turkey or skip the meat and add beans. Onions, cilantro, salsa, you can add what your family loves. Once our taco stuffed peppers were cooked I topped with sour cream and fresh diced tomatoes.
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 TBS Taco seasoning
- 15 oz Spanish rice
- 4 Bell peppers
- 1 can Corn
- 1 cup Shredded cheese
- Optional topping: sour cream and fresh diced tomatoes
- Start by cooking your ground beef and season with taco seasoning. Set aside once fully cooked.
- Also cook your Spanish rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Cut your bell peppers in half and clean out seeds. Place halved bell peppers into a casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl mix together cooked beef, rice, and corn. Spoon this mixture into your peppers.
- Sprinkle your peppers with cheese and cook for 10-13 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and diced tomatoes.
More post for you: