Last Updated on
Blueberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Over the weekend we went down to visit a friend of mine from high school and her husband. It was so hot that when I was trying to come up with what to bring all I could think of was this drink. Therefore, I came up with a Blueberry Lemonade Cupcake that is absolutely out of this world!
- Cupcake Ingredients (source):
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 oz. frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Directions for Cupcake:
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Fill cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Add all ingredients, except the blueberries and beat together.
- Finally, fold in the blueberries and pour into liner.
- Directions for frosting: Combine all ingredients and beat the mixture until there are peaks in the frosting. Use immediately.
We had such a fabulous time! Riley ran around in the pool/sprinkler that Luisa and Bobby bought for her. I swear I covered the child with sunscreen every 15 minutes. She was so patient with me too.
Riley also played a little soccer, which is her latest obsession.
At this point in the day Riley was exhausted. She loved spending time with Luisa. It amazes me every time that we see Luisa and Bobby, how much I love having them in our life. Luisa is a friend from high school and is one of the few that I still see. Her friendship means so much to me.