I have a deep love for anything Oreos. I was the kid who would trade just about anything for a double stuff Oreo. I mean, come on, who doesn’t love the cream. Riley has already learned that the stuffing in the middle is the best part and automatically opens it up and licks out the cream. She hasn’t quite conquered dunking her Oreos, but I’m sure that is to come. In order to make it so much easier for her to enjoy her Oreos, I created Cookies and Cream Cupcakes that are so easy to make.
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
There’s just something about a homemade frosting that makes my heart go pitter patter. My favorite ingredient to use in frosting is coffee creamer. It adds in a little extra flavor and who doesn’t have coffee creamer on hand. I’m pretty sure that there are four different kinds in my fridge right now. A girl needs her coffee! Especially, when said girl has a one year old that thinks the day starts at 4:30 am when daddy gets up to get ready for work. Yep, I’m a two cupper! This recipe calls for French Vanilla Coffee Creamer, which I’ve also used in my Strawberry Cupcakes with French Vanilla Frosting. I’ve also used Coconut Creme creamer in my Almond Joy Cupcakes and York Peppermint Patty Creamer in my Mason Jar Peppermint Cupcakes. What can I say? I love flavored frosting!
I enjoy creating homemade frosting because I can change up the flavors, but I like to go a little semi-homemade with my cake. The simple addition to this box cake mix was the processed Oreos. I’d rather spend my time decorating the cupcakes, rather than making the cake from scratch.
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 8-10 crushed oreos
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 3 cups confectioner sugar
- 8-10 crushed oreos
- Preheat the oven at 350 F and line cupcake tins with liners.
- In a food processor, process 16-20 cookies. Set half aside for the frosting and use the other half for the cake mix.
- Prepare the yellow cake mix according to the package instructions and add in the half of the processed oreos to the mix.
- Pour the cake mix into the cupcake liners and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Prepare the frosting by beating the 2 sticks of softened butter.
- Add in the vanilla extract and french vanilla creamer.
- Add each cup of confectioner sugar and mix in between each cup.
- Finally add in the processed oreos and mix one last time.