Last Updated on
Spring is just around the corner and I am just too stinkin’ excited! Spring brings in all the gorgeous colors and it also gives me the opportunity to make our favorite Easter Candy, Bunny Tail Mix. It is a combination of a sweet and salty that you’ll end up eating by the handful! It’s also one of my favorite treats to package in a cute way. Last year I made Bunny Tail Mix Push Pops that came with a free printable. This year I went a little bigger!
Easter Candy: Bunny Tail Mix
I found these absolutely adorable bunny tails on Amazon and just couldn’t resist them. I mean are you addicted to Amazon Prime the way that I am? Who can resist two day free shipping. Plus, did you know you get access to an unlimited instant steaming of thousands of movie and TV shows? Yep, I had no idea either. It’s fabulous and so worth the membership. It made creating these bunny tails that I hot glued an alligator clip onto so easy to make. I decided that it was only appropriate to create a mason jar bunny filled with Bunny Tail Mix.
The ears are made from white and pink craft foam that I cut out according to the size that I thought was appropriate to stand up over the edge of the mason jar. The white portion of the ears are about 6″ tall and the pink is 4″. I then attached the pink within the white of the ears using glue. Simple and easy here. I used tulle to tie the ears onto the mason jar. I easily could have glued the ears to the top of the mason jar, but I like being able to use mason jars over again. Although, I usually buy them as a set of 12 like this one because I use them for everything!
The finishing touch was attaching the bunny tail, which was a cinch because of the alligator clip. I simply attached it to the tulle in the back. How cute right?!
You can grab the recipe for the Bunny Tail Mix as well as the free printable tags here.
- 1 Bag of microwaveable popcorn
- 1 cup of broken pretzels
- 6 oz. Spring M & M’s
- 6 oz. Mini Robin Eggs
- 6 oz. Wilton’s White Chocolate Melts
- Spring colored sprinkles
- Pop the bag of popcorn according to directions.
- Combine popcorn, pretzels, M & M’s and Mini Robin Eggs in a large bowl.
- Melt Wilton’s White Chocolate Melts according to package directions.
- Pour the chocolate over the mixture in the bowl and mix with a spoon.
- On a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper spread out the covered mixture and sprinkle the Spring sprinkles over the top.
- Allow the chocolate to cool and harden before serving or packaging.
You might also like…