Last Updated on
The Google Plus Basics Series is the perfect series for people beginning on Google Plus. Through video tutorials we’ve talked about the importance of Google Plus and why you need to get on it. We then moved on to creating your own posts and then sharing others. Many of you have asked how to find people in order to increase your engagement and to have content to share. Today, I’m going to show you how and the great part is that Google Plus has made it even easier to find a new audience with their latest update.
Google Plus Basics: How to Find a New Audience
Last week I mentioned in the Sharing Content article that I would show you how to find new people in order to share their content. It was as if the Google Plus Engineers were listening because they made it even easier for me us to do this with the moving of the “What’s Hot” tab. The “What’s Hot” tab moved from your sidebar onto your home feed and is now called Explore and it gives you so much more than it used. Let me show you!
1. Use your Trending Hashtags like a rock star. Find a hashtag that you can relate to and click on it. Within that hashtag you will now find topics or categories within it. This let’s you narrow your search to the articles that you are interested in. You then want to click on that more specific hashtag and posts within it will come up. Are you seeing why we talked about the importance of hashtags in Maximizing Your Posts and Sharing Content. Hashtags are your keyword lords within Google Plus. ADD them!
2. Find New People that are NOT in your Circles already. Within that hashtag look for people that you do not have in your circles yet. You can check this quickly by hovering over their name with your mouse and their hover card will pop up. Are you seeing why I stressed the importance of Maximizing Your Profile yet? That hover card can make or a break a possible addition to a circle.
3. Interact by leaving a comment. I try to find someone who has shared someone else that is not already in my circles. This way I get more bang for my buck. Make sure to tag the person when you comment so that you get their attention and they get a notification that they’ve been mentioned. I also will leave a comment tagging the other person in the post.
4. Click on their profile to check out who they’re interacting with. This is a fabulous way to find more people within your interests to add to your circles. You want to keep in mind that you’re looking for people that are sharing content that you can get behind. You want those gorgeous images that if you share them they will get tons of interaction through comments, plus ones and shares.
5. Make sure to be AUTHENTIC. Your comments and shares need to be you. People are looking to interact with the person behind the perfect plated dessert so be you.
If you’re looking for the video crash course of the Google Plus Basics Series you can find it here. Don’t forget to subscribe my YouTube so that you’ll have access to all of the videos as soon as they are released.