Last Updated on
Homemade peach ice cream is the perfect dessert for hot Summer days. This ice cream is quick and easy to make and only requires ripe peaches, brown sugar, liquid cream and yogurt. The result is rich and creamy and wildly delicious.
It’s Alix and Hugo from A Hedgehog in the Kitchen, back with you again to share your soon-to-be favorite ice cream recipe. It has been so hot in Paris these past few weeks which makes us extra thankful to have this homemade peach ice cream on hand when we walk in the door. Try it and make sure you make this lavender honey ice cream, this Thai coconut ice cream with lemongrass and yuzu, this fig sorbet and these sugar-free matcha chocolate popsicles too.
If you love peach and creamy, decadent ice cream, then you will love this ice cream recipe. It has a lovely, strong peach flavor coupled with a creamy texture. It is Heavenly!
Homemade peach ice cream shopping list
- Brown sugar
- Liquid cream
Tips to make (and store) the perfect homemade peach ice cream
- We love the added flavor of keeping the skin on the peach in the ice cream, but you could also take it off if you prefer.
- This recipe calls for an ice cream maker. Make sure you freeze the bowl of your ice cream maker for at least 24 hours before you start preparing your ice cream.
- We recommend preparing the ice cream right before you want to serve it. This will ensure that it has a perfect texture. If you choose to put the ice cream in the fridge, it may become somewhat icy as it’s entirely natural and we haven’t added any commercial stabilizers.
- If you do choose to store the ice cream in the freezer, store it in a shallow container and cover the ice cream with plastic wrap to keep it from being covered with ice crystals.
If you love quick and easy desserts, you will also love these Summer strawberries with olive oil, basil and honey glaze.
Homemade peach ice cream recipe
Enjoy this gourmet homemade peach ice cream, filled with peaches, brown sugar, liquid cream and yogurt.
Homemade peach ice cream
- 4 ripe peaches washed, skin left on, pits removed
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of liquid cream
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- Mix the peaches in a blender on medium speed.
- Add the sugar, cream and yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the bowl of your ice-cream maker and mix for 30 minutes.
- Put in the freezer for 1 hour.