The Summer always makes me think of campfires and making S’mores. Even as an adult I look forward to the smell of a Summer fire and the messiness of a good S’mores after a long fun day of every backyard idea imaginable.. This year it’s a bit more difficult to get out to enjoy a campfire with a newborn so I took the traditional S’mores and turned it into a S’mores Cupcakes. I’m excited to now enjoy the gooey goodness of a S’more all Summer long.
The first step in creating these S’mores Cupcakes is to simply follow the box directions of Betty Crocker’s Premium Muffin Mix for Cinnamon Streusel Muffins. Remember how I said it’s difficult to get out for a campfire with a newborn, well it’s difficult to make everything from scratch too. Therefore, I’m all about cutting a corner or two when I know that a product is out of this world, like this muffin mix.
The second step is to pour the batter into the lined cupcake tin and then press a piece of Hershey’s Chocolate into each cupcake. Sprinkle the top of each cupcake with the prepared streusel and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Once the cupcakes are baked, turn the oven to broil. Place one piece of chocolate on each cupcake and melt the chocolate.
These S’mores Cupcakes are ooey gooey goodness. The cinnamon muffin mix with the chocolate inside is fabulous by itself, but topped with another piece of chocolate and a roasted marshmallow, they are absolutely out of this world.
- Betty Crocker Premium Muffin Mix, Cinnamon Streusel
- 2 Hershey’s Chocolate bars
- 12 Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line 12 cupcake tins.
- Prepare the Cinnamon Streusel Muffin Mix batter according to the box directions.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with the batter mix and place one piece of the Hershey’s Chocolate Bar down into each cupcake.
- Sprinkle the Streusel mix on top of each cupcake and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove the cupcake tin from the oven and turn oven to broil.
- Place another piece of Hershey’s Chocolate on each cupcake and melt the chocolate (about a minute).
- Remove from oven and place one marshmallow on top of each piece of melted chocolate and roast the marshmallows (about two minutes).
- Remove from oven and gently press down on the melted marshmallows.
If you need a quick, yet delicious dessert that is kid and adult friendly then these S’mores Cupcakes are sure to be a huge hit. They’ll definitely be making multiple appearances this year for us. If you’re looking for more of a fruity cupcake, be sure to check out my Blueberry Lemonade Cupcakes, Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes or Watermelon Cupcakes. If you’re looking for something to continue with the chocolate theme, be sure to check out my Easy Baby Ruth Cupcakes or Chocolate PB&J Cupcakes.