Last Updated on
There are simple tips that you can put into action today to grow your Facebook page.
Many people I find are most familiar with Facebook because they have used it for their personal use. Most people are not using their brand page to their benefit though and I was one of the many. There are a couple of things that you can fix to help your Facebook page grow.
1. Have a recognizable profile photo. Whatever button you have on your blog is most likely the avatar that you are using or should be using for your social media. You want your avatar to be recognizable across social media, whether you’re on G+, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Facebook or Twitter. Keep it consistent!
2. Make sure to have your blog url in the first line of your About info. You want people to be able to check out your blog from Facebook without needing to look around from a website address. Make it prevalent!
3. Get involved with Facebook Parties. I just recently stumbled on this gold mine. Facebook parties happen daily on different Facebook pages. You hop over to the page that is having the party and share a post that is relevant to the party with a full size image, short description and link to the post. You want to make sure that you like the page from your personal page, otherwise the like doesn’t count for the Facebook page. Make sure to share the post from your page though. I’ve found that the Facebook parties are very popular amongst food bloggers. I’m hoping that they’ll start to spread to craft bloggers as well.
4. Use a full size image in your post. I know that many people have noticed that their reach on Facebook is not nearly the amount of people that like their page and let’s be honest, this is frustrating. I, personally, don’t pay attention to statuses on Facebook that don’t include images. I’m a visual person. When I search for a new recipe I use Google Images, rather than just a Google search. I like things to look pretty and so do many others, which is why Pinterest is so successful!
5. Add apps to your Facebook Page. Yep, you read that right. I said apps. I currently have an app for my blog, Pinterest and Twitter. You want to make it easy for people to find information on how to easily connect with you. These apps make it easy for people to navigate from Facebook to your other forms of social media.
6. Host Facebook Parties of your own and share the LOVE. Keep in mind that social media is clearly there to help expose your posts, but it’s not all about self-promotion. A Facebook party is a great way to meet new Facebook Pages and an opportunity to share your audience with them.
If you found this post helpful, you might be interested in the rest of my Social Media Series