Last Updated on
Decadent triple chocolate cherry dump cake is a rich chocolate dessert perfect for Valentine’s Day. Layers of cherries, chocolate with cream, and cake with a subtle almond flavor take an ordinary, easy dump cake up a notch and make it extraordinary. If you have a few simple ingredients and 10 minutes to prep, you can make this delicious dessert. Follow my tips below to make this delicious chocolate dump cake.
Ingredients you will need: chocolate cake mix (I used triple chocolate cake mix), cherry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, almond extract, and butter.
If you made a resolution to eat healthier for the new year, then turn around right now. This is not where you want to be today.
One bite of this dessert and you will be sold. This chocolate cherry dump cake is so decadent, so delicious, and so sweet. I had a friend coming over and I wanted to make us a treat, so I whipped this up. The girls (somewhat) patiently waited for it to be done. While inhaling this dessert by the scoopful, everyone kept saying “ohhh this is good” the entire time they were eating it. I would say that is a good sign.
Then, I sent some home with my friend to take to her husband; you know, less for me to eat. He also agreed that it was ridiculously delicious.
I made my husband take the rest with him to work, because it’s hard to keep this kind of goodness in the house. My heart loves sweet treats, but I also know that my will power is lacking. Giving them away is really a win-win: getting to share delicious treats with friends and getting them out of our house.
A Twist On The Classic Cherry Dump Cake
This recipe is a twist on the classic dump cake. In this recipe, we’re using a triple chocolate cake mix in place of yellow cake mix. The almond extract with cherries and chocolate is an amazing combination. Seriously, when you mix the almond extract with the cherry pie filling, just the smell is so good. Then, add the extra creamy goodness of sweetened condensed milk. And when the sweetened condensed milk bubbles through the cake mix topping, it creates almost a caramel on top.
This recipe really takes dessert to the next level. It is almost like a chocolate cherry cobbler or creamy chocolate cherry pie.
So many layers of deliciousness right here.
Don’t let the picture deceive you… it is amazing.
Tips for making Triple Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Use a double or triple chocolate cake mix, but if you can’t find it, then just use regular chocolate cake mix.
- Stir the almond extract into the cherry pie filling. Mix it right in the can, or after you pour the cherry pie filling into the baking dish.
- Eat this with a glass of milk handy, because it is decadent.
- You could probably swap out cherry pie filling with strawberry pie filling. I have not personally tried this, but it sounds amazing. Chocolate-covered strawberry dump cake? YES.
- If there are any dry spots in the cake topping, press them down with a spoon. This may also help some of the filling bubble up over the top, creating spots with delicious caramel.
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provides means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. We only link to products we use and love or would use.
Tools you may need for this recipe:
This recipe doesn’t require any fancy tools. You will just need a baking dish, a silicon spatula, and a can opener.
How To Make Triple Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
Pour cherry pie filling into dish. Add almond extract and stir in. Or add almond extract into cans before pouring into baking dish.
Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over cherry pie filling.
Pour sweetened condensed milk over top and spread evenly.
Sprinkle chocolate cake mix over top and spread evenly.
Pour butter over top. It helped to use a spoon to rub it over the cake mix. Bake for 45-60 minutes.
Notes: If there is any dry spots in the cake mix after it has been in the oven for about 30 minutes, try to press it down a bit.
Need more dessert inspiration? These are some of my favorite!
- Chocolate Raspberry Angel Food Cake Trifles are delicious and perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day.
- Oreo Cupcakes are one of our most popular recipes
- Rum Custard Pie by A Blossoming Life is amazing.
- Red Velvet Heart Cake Cookies have Valentine’s Day written all over it.
- This Fun Mini Valentine Cake With A Candy Surprise is so fun!
Triple Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
Triple Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake is a decadent creamy cherry and chocolate dessert that will make you look at desserts in a totally new way. The gooey and creamy cherry pie chocolate mixture combined with the buttery chocolate cake is going to amaze you. It will easily become your family’s new favorite dessert.
Triple Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake I used triple chocolate cake mix
- 2 21 oz cans cherry pie filling
- 1 stick butter
- 1 12 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9X13 oven safe baking dish.
- Pour cherry pie filling into dish. Add almond extract and stir in.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly throughout dish.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over top and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle chocolate cake mix over top and spread evenly.
- Pour butter over top and use a spoon to spread. Bake for 45-60 minutes.
Have you ever made a dump cake? This recipe is so simple, only takes 10 minutes, and your family will fall in love with this decadent dessert.