To Assemble the Cookies:
1. Roll out the green dough about 1/4 inch thick on a floured surface.
2. Cut out as many clovers as possible. Reserve the remaining green dough for the outside of the cookies. Rap the leftover green dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
3. Stack the clovers on top of each other and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. While the green dough chills, roll out long ropes of the plain dough.
5. Once the clover cut outs are chilled, place ropes of plain dough around the clover leaves. Smooth out the ropes to create a homogeneous surface around the clovers.
6. Place back in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
7. While the dough is chilling, roll out two large ropes out of each color of dough. You will have 12 ropes of dough in all.
8. Place the ropes of dough around the cookie log in the order you choose.
9. Place back in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.