Easy Lemon Bars
Easy lemon bars covered in lemon frosting.
Servings 24 servings
- For the Crust
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 cubes) cold butter diced into small cubes
- For the Filling
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp flour heaping tablespoons!
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice you can add a little zest here also!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Add all of the ingredients for the crust in a food processor. Process until it looks like a fine powder consistency.
Pour the ingredients into a greased 10x15" jellyroll pan and spread out evenly. Press down. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
While the crust is baking prepare the filling. Mix together and pour over the hot crust, spreading evenly. Return to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
Mix together the frosting and frost the bars, decorating with sprinkles if desired. Slice into 48 bars. Refrigerate. YUM!!!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 56mg | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.7mg