Soy Sauce Substitute Recipe
A great gluten-free soy sauce substitute you can easily make at home
Servings 1 cup
- 1 cup beef broth substitute vegetable stock if you are vegan
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar choose balsamic if you like the dark color, but you can also use red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 tsp blackstrap molasses alt: date sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (substitute organic white pepper if preferred)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1 tsp fish sauce or sesame oil (adds a nice, flavorful kick, but certainly optional)
Add all of your ingredients to a saucepan, leaving out the salt and sesame oil for now.
Bring it to a boil and then let it simmer on medium heat for ten minutes.
Turn off your heat, add the salt and sesame oil (or any alternative you choose), and stir until it’s mixed well.
Let your soy sauce substitute cool, then place it in an airtight container and store it for up to a week. You can even freeze it for later use.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1953mg | Potassium: 165mg | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg