Who says kids won't eat their veggies? Hey it's Deb from Bowl Me Over and I have a super simple, easy weeknight meal to share with you that is perfect for the family and special enough for date night!
30 Minute Pasta Primavera Bowl
Pasta Primavera - it's an Italian classic and my version is light and flavorful without all the heavy cream but with all the delicious flavor!
Who can say no to that?
I have a couple other super popular pasta meals on the blog, so if you like the sound of my Pasta Primavera Recipe be sure to hop over to the blog for my Creamy Lemon Pasta - it is amazing and also a 30 minute meal!
Ok, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself! Let me show you how easy this meal is to make!
First we'll start with the veggies - these are the great summer vegetables you'll find at the Farmer's Markets right now. Asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and onions. Prepare them by cleaning and slicing them into bite sized pieces and set them aside.
You'll need to get a big pot of water on to boil for the pasta and when you're ready to drop the pasta into the water, it's time to cook the veggies and make your sauce.
Ok - pasta is in right? So now you'll heat up a large skillet pan over medium high heat. When hot, add butter & olive oil and when it's bubbly toss in the mushrooms and onions.
Next add the zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus and tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook until softened about 3 minutes.
Then you'll make the sauce right in the pan adding garlic, chicken stock and white wine. When the pasta is done, drain it (reserve a cup of the cooking liquid) and add it right to the skillet along with Parmesan cheese and mix everything together well.
Serve it up, topped with torn basil leaves and a sprinkling of Parmesan! Mmm... Delicious. Easy. Done! Serve with some crusty bread and a salad, it's an easy meal and takes less than 30 minutes to make!
Want to mix it up a bit? Add some leftover rotisserie chicken at the end or shelled, deveined shrimp - just cook them thru until they are pink and no longer opaque. Making me hungry for pasta just thinking about this meal, enjoy!!!
Oh, before I forget here's another super popular pasta I have on the blog.
Bow Tie Pasta Salad - full of delicious veggies and perfect for a picnic or bbq - as there is no mayo! Everyone loves this salad and it is fabulous (if I may say so myself!) 😀
Pasta Primavera Bowl
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 1 small yellow squash sliced
- 5-6 stalks asparagus sliced into bite sized pieces
- ½ red onion sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ basil roughly torn
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 16 oz package Fettuccini or your favorite pasta
- Slice the mushrooms, asparagus and onion. Remove the ends from the squash, slice in half lengthwise and then into half moons. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Start with the vegetables. Heat the butter & olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Next add the zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus and tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook until softened about 3 minutes.
- For the sauce, add the minced garlic to the skillet, and cook until fragrant about 1 minute.
- Next, pour in the chicken broth and wine. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen all the browned bits (that’s where all the flavor is!). Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until reduced by about half. Stir in the Parmesan, and allow the cheese to melt.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix everything together well. If the sauce is too stiff, add a ladle of pasta water.Top with torn basil and Parmesan cheese.
Debra Clark blogs over at Bowl Me Over where she shares her love all things in a bowl! Soups, stews, salads, Buddha bowls, ice cream - you name it! All are delicious, most are quick, easy and healthy too!
You can also connect with her on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Thank you so much for sharing this yummy recipe with your readers Jenny! It's easy and delish I hope they really enjoy it!