BBQ chicken nachos are a great quick and easy dinner or appetizer. Perfect for a night where you don't feel like cooking or for a fun weekend family night. Follow my tips for perfect BBQ chicken nachos that your whole family will enjoy.
BBQ Chicken Nachos Backstory
On Friday nights we have what I like to call family night. I serve something a little more fun for dinner and we either play board games or watch a movie. My kids look forward to it and definitely let us know if we miss it.
The problem is by Friday night I often don't feel like cooking anymore. It's been a long week and my mental capacity for cooking is at a low. Truthfully I'm ready to order some takeout and curl up with the family for a movie night. I'm sure you can relate.
While that is fine sometimes, it can get expensive, and since I'm all about saving money on food, eating at home wins. One of the strategies I like to use on a Friday family night when I don't feel like cooking, is to make either a no-cook or low-cook meal. BBQ chicken nachos are one of these meals that's on our regular rotation.
Simply mix shredded meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken (God bless the rotisserie chicken) with some BBQ sauce. Then on a big parchment lined sheet pan, layer tortilla chips, BBQ chicken, black beans, corn, and shredded cheese. Then just bake it until the cheese is hot and melty, top it with your favorite toppings, and you have an easy peasy family favorite. It's such a fun meal and great for snacking while playing games or watching a movie.
- Tortilla chips
- Rotisserie chicken
- BBQ sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Black beans
- Your favorite Nacho toppings
How to assemble BBQ chicken nachos:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Layer your tortilla chips.
- Layer the BBQ chicken.
- Layer the cheese.
- Layer the beans.
- Layer the thawed corn.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
BBQ Chicken Nachos FAQs
What kind of cheese is best for nachos?
- You can really use any kind of cheese that you enjoy.
- Cheddar, Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, and Monterrey Jack are all good options. You could even use a mix of all several for flavor interest! Why say "or" when you can say "and"?
What toppings are good for BBQ chicken nachos?
The beauty of sheet pan nachos is their ability to be customized. Just bake the basics and everyone can customize their own toppings as they wish. Simply set out the options and everyone can grab a hunk of cheesy nacho goodness and load it up with their favorite toppings. Any of the below would be excellent choices.
BBQ Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- 2 cups cheese shredded
- ½ cup black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn thawed
- toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Empty tortilla chips onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Mix chicken and bbq sauce together in a bowl and layer onto tortilla chips.
- Layer cheese evenly over chips.
- Layer black beans.
- Layer corn.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and ingredients are hot.
- Top with toppings of choice.
Now you're ready to get your nacho on! I hope you love this fun twist on easy sheet pan nachos. If you try it and love it, don't forget to leave a rating.
More Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
If you have more rotisserie chicken leftover, put it to good use for another easy weeknight meal. Any of these options below would be a great choice!
thanks for your website.