These Cinnamon sugar pretzels are the perfect combination of salty, sweet and crunchy! They make a great afternoon snack but are also really pretty packages in a cello bag as a neighbor gift!
Hi! I'm Ashley from Simply Designing and I am so excited to be guest posting today at The NY Melrose Family! I absolutely adore Jenny and am honored to be able to guest post on her blog today!
What makes Cinnamon Sugar pretzels a great snack idea?
The combination of cinnamon and sugar with the soft and chewy texture of the pretzels creates a flavor and texture that is hard to resist. These pretzels are a popular snack that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, making them a great choice for parties, gatherings, or as an afternoon snack.
You can adjust the amount of cinnamon sugar to your liking, or even add other flavors such as vanilla, nutmeg, or pumpkin spice to make them even more delicious.
With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can make delicious cinnamon sugar pretzels at home.
- Bag of Pretzels
- Vegetable oil
- Granulated sugar
How to make cinnamon sugar pretzels
- Start by preheating your oven to 300°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, mix vegetable oil with sugar and cinnamon together.
- Dip each pretzel piece into the sugar mixture and then roll it in the cinnamon sugar mixture, making sure it is evenly coated.
- Place the coated pretzel pieces on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the pretzels in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Let the pretzels cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your homemade cinnamon sugar pretzels!
Tips and Tricks:
- You can use melted butter instead of vegetable oil for making the sugar mixture.
- If you do not want to coat the pretzels one by one with cinnamon sugar, use a zip lock bag to speed up the process. Pour all the pretzels in a zip lock bag, add the sugar mixture to it and shake to mix well.
Thanks so much for letting me be here today Jenny! And thanks so much to all The NY Melrose Family blog readers for stopping by to check out my post!
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels Recipe
- ½ bag pretzels approximately 8 oz
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place pretzels in a large ziploc bag
- Pour oil, sugar and cinnamon into the bag
- Shake to mix well. Be sure all the pretzels get coated well
- Place coated pretzels onto a cookie sheet
- Bake at 300 degrees F for about 30 minutes, stirring once
- Let cool before eating
How to make cinnamon sugar for pretzels?
In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon until well combined. Adjust the ratio of cinnamon to sugar to suit your taste preference. If you prefer a stronger cinnamon flavor, you can add more cinnamon.
Store the cinnamon sugar in an airtight container until you're ready to use it.
How to put cinnamon sugar on pretzels?
First, you will need to prepare the cinnamon sugar mixture. Next, melt some butter in a small bowl. This will be used to help the cinnamon sugar mixture stick to the pretzels.
Take each pretzel and dip it into the melted butter, making sure to coat it well. Roll the buttered pretzel in the cinnamon sugar mixture, making sure to cover it completely.
What is the secret to good pretzels?
For making good pretzels at home, make sure that the pretzel dough should is soft, pliable, and not too sticky. You want it to be elastic and able to stretch without breaking.
Before baking, the pretzels should be briefly boiled in a solution of water and baking soda. This step gives the pretzels their signature chewy texture and dark brown color.