Last Updated on
Last week I promised the recipe to my Mini Apple Pies that I shared from my Fall Tasting Party. Well, here they are! I cannot take the credit for the filling. The filling is all my mama.
Before I get to the recipe, I have to share my absolute favorite contraption ever! I’m sure there’s a fancy name for my contraption, but I just love that word. The apple gets put onto a bar that you crank to a peeler on the far end, which then get put through a small hole that cores and slice the apples. It literally takes me five minutes to peel, core and cut up five apples.
The absolute best part of these mini apple pies is the filling.
- 5 – 6 apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- For the crust, I use premade crusts and a cookie cutter that will fit perfectly into a muffin tin.
- Drop a teaspoonful of the filling into the center of each pie crust.
- The filling fills 24 pie crusts.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until the crust has a golden brown appearance.
- I chose to top half of the apple pies with a topping made of: 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
The topping gave the pie a candy coated taste. I actually preferred the pies topped with vanilla ice cream, rather than the sugar topping. Do you prefer a particular topping?