Last Updated on
Are you on a countdown for Halloween? I certainly am, but it’s not entirely for the reason that you’re thinking. Yes, I can’t wait to see my girls dressed up and hear Riley’s little “Trick or Treat.” I am super excited for the day after though. All that leftover candy! Last week I shared my Milky Way Cupcakes and if you thought those sounded good just wait. These Almond Joy Cupcakes are going to knock your socks right off!
Almond Joy Cupcakes
I brought these babies to school with me for my colleagues and I caught one of these most poised and conservative teachers devouring her cupcake at her desk. She literally looked at the cupcake after she bit it as if she couldn’t believe what she was eating. The inside of the cupcake has an almond and brown sugar bottom with a Devil’s Food Cake. The frosting is a coconut creme buttercream that is absolutely to die for! The finishing touch is a fun size Almond Joy topping these.
The best part about these is that Riley had a blast helping me make the almond and brown sugar bottom because she got to smash the salted almonds with a meat cleaver so that they were crushed. Plus, they are simple to put together because I took a short cut by using Pillsbury Super Moist Devil’s Food Cake Mix. My favorite part though was that I ended up with leftover Coffee-Mate Coconut Creme from the buttercream frosting in my morning coffee.
- 1 cup roasted & salted almonds
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Pillsbury Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup of Coffee-mate Coconut Creme Creamer
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 24 Fun Size Almond Joy Candy Bars
- Place the cup of roasted & salted almonds in a ziploc bag and crush with a meat cleaver.
- Mix the crushed almonds with the 1/2 cup of melted butter and the brown sugar.
- Place a tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of the cupcake liners and bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.
- While the almond mixture is baking prepare the Pillsbury Dark Chocolate Cake Mix according to the package directions.
- Pour the cake mixture over the baked almond mixture and bake in the over for 27 – 30 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the coconut buttercream by beating the butter.
- Add the Coconut Creme and heavy cream and beat into the butter.
- Add the confectioners sugar a cup at a time.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled add the frosting and top with a Fun Size Almond Joy Candy.
If you’re looking for more fabulous leftover candy recipes, then look no further!