And it makes total sense from an animal survival point of view. Animals stock up on food while they can, since the next meal might not come along. They put on an extra layer of fat to keep warm for the winter. Being a chub-chub animal is always in style. 🙂 Of course, animals don't need to worry about their health... OR fitting into a dress. (In case you haven't figured out, we're the animals.)
If you don't have a nut allergy, use peanut or almond butter to add some protein. My 2 boys are allergic to nuts so I used pumpkin seed butter instead.
And there you have a it! A perfect decadent snack with protein, fiber and of course chocolate. 😉
- 1 avocado
- 10 prunes or dates
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut flakes
- Add prunes into a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add cocoa powder and nut butter. Scrape down sides periodically and puree until a a thick smooth dough forms.
- Mix in chips by hand and scoop into balls (I used a small cookie scoop).Roll in coconut. Enjoy.
Laura is a mom of two boys with severe food allergies and creates nutritious recipes kids love despite all the dietary restrictions. Please use her site as a resource for anyone you know with allergies to wheat, egg, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, seafood or dairy.