Are you craving a snack that won't ruin your diet? This Black Bean Dip will have you coming back for more without worrying about your diet.
What makes this Black Bean Dip a great snack idea?
Hi there, Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy here, ready to share a yummy and healthy snack recipe just for you! Anyone else find it hard to believe that it's 2015? I think the older you get, the faster the years pass.
Right? Also, the older you get, the harder it is to lose weight and/or keep it off. Right?! Can I get a double yes? Not to worry, I'm here to share a yummy and easy Black Bean Dip that is a healthy dip recipe.
My new year's resolution is to drink more water and to eat healthier. I'm always on the look out for new recipes to keep me feeling full but are healthy too. I'm what you would call a snacker. I LOVE dips. I have lots of dip recipes over at YHE. Like this easy Cucumber dip. I like to sort of nibble and peck at things in the pantry and fridge. Are you like that too?
If you are, I have the perfect recipe for you today... Black Bean Dip! It tastes just like a (refried) bean dip but is much healthier. It has a yummy bean flavor with just a kick of spice.
Are Black Beans Healthy?
Black beans are loaded with protein, making this the perfect snack if you're watching your calories. Just a little bit goes a long way. It pairs fabulously with pita chips or veggies. My family just couldn't get enough of it! It's a bit addicting, so watch out for that. 😉
Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 15 oz black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ½-3/4 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 jalapeno seeded & chopped
- 14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 1.5 liter baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a food processor, blend together the black beans, sour cream, salt, pepper and jalapeno. Blend until combined and taste. Add salt to your liking.
- Pour black bean mixture into prepared dish. Pour in drained petite diced tomatoes and stir together. Add in ½ cup cheese and stir together. Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Pull off the foil and bake for an additional 15 more minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, green onions and cilantro if desired and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, veggies, whatever you like! It's delicious!