Mashed potatoes are a favorite of mine and these Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes will not disappoint.
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are one of my favorite foods. I remember being pregnant with my first child, and all I ever wanted to eat was mashed potatoes. I mean I could have had them for breakfast… I might have actually had them for breakfast for a few times during that craving. Even not pregnant I really enjoy mashed potatoes and think they make the perfect side dish… or breakfast 😉 The best part is these are super simple to make!
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 lb Russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp garlic minced
- Peel and dice potatoes and place them into a large pot then cover with water
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium, and allow to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Once potatoes are fork tender drain water and return to pot.
- Add half and half, garlic, butter, and sour cream to the potatoes.
- Use a hand mixer to whip potatoes until creamy and smooth.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Tips & Tricks
I hope you enjoyed these yummy mashed potatoes as much as I have. Please don’t worry about them being perfect and feel free to substitute as you see fit. You can really use any potato, though I happen to like Russet the best. You can also make a lower calorie version by substituting margarine for the butter or low fat sour cream instead of the regular sour cream. To cut down on prep time, you can even use garlic powder instead of the minced garlic (though freshly minced garlic is definitely best!) Enjoy!
Additional Side Dish Ideas
Please check out some of my other ideas for the perfect side dish to compliment a home-cooked meal: