Easy Lemon Bars - the perfect buttery crust, followed by a layer of tart lemon sweetness, all wrapped up with a luscious lemon frosting! These sweet-tart lemon bars are easy to make and the perfect sweet treat for quick dessert or great for your next brunch!
For this recipe, you will need -flour, powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, baking powder, lemons
Thanks so much for joining me here to share another yummy recipe! I've been sharing lots of yummy soups and stews and easy crockpot meals over on Bowl Me Over lately - tasty Crock Pot Tacos, Slow Cooker Chicken Soup and my personal favorite this Easy Potato Soup, YUM!
But we finish every meal with a sweet treat, so I figured it was time to share a sweet dessert recipe with you, right? Yes - I knew you'd see it my way! ?
This recipe for Easy Lemon Bars is a tried and true family recipe. My second cousin has been making this recipe for years and she brought it to a family reunion last summer at my folk's house. Let me tell you, these lemon bars are AMAZING! Not only are they easy to make and delicious, but they were the first thing gone on the buffet.
Lucky for us, she shared the recipe!
Quick and Easy Lemon Bars
Grocery List for Easy Lemon Bar Recipe
- powdered sugar
- cream cheese
- baking powder
- lemon juice
- lemon zest (optional)
How much juice do you get from a lemon?
On average each lemon will give you about 2 tablespoons of juice. For this recipe you'll need a total ½ cup of fresh lemon juice, so plan accordingly when you're purchasing the lemons.
Do lemon bars need to be refrigerated after baking?
- Yes, you should refrigerate the lemon bars after baking. The bars contain eggs, butter and cream cheese.
- The bars will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Bonus? They freeze really well too, so when I make a pan, I will tuck half of them in the freezer to enjoy later. This is perfect too if you have unexpected company - you'll be the star whipping out some homemade treats!
Easy Lemon Bars
Here are a few more sweet treats from the blog you'll love!
- Minnie Mouse Cupcakes - these are so sweet and pretty! You don't have to have mad skills to make these either!
- Four Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies - only four ingredients, you're enjoying cookies in a snap!
- Chocolate Spoons - perfect to stir into your coffee (and a great gift!)
Try it and love this recipe? Be sure and comment below with a five-star rating! And if you make it, I'd love to see a picture! You can tag me at #bowlmeover or @bowl_me_over on Instagram! Thank you so much and I hope you enjoy this recipe!!!
Easy Lemon Bars
- For the Crust
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 cubes) cold butter diced into small cubes
- For the Filling
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp flour heaping tablespoons!
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- For the Frosting
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice you can add a little zest here also!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add all of the ingredients for the crust in a food processor. Process until it looks like a fine powder consistency.
- Pour the ingredients into a greased 10x15" jellyroll pan and spread out evenly. Press down. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking prepare the filling. Mix together and pour over the hot crust, spreading evenly. Return to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix together the frosting and frost the bars, decorating with sprinkles if desired. Slice into 48 bars. Refrigerate. YUM!!!