Easy Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip features three cheeses – it is SO rich and creamy! Making this classic restaurant appetizer has never been easier, thanks to the Instant Pot. This is a crowd favorite when friends are over to watch March Madness basketball games!
Court-side Playbook: Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
When we go out for a casual supper, this dip is one of our favorite appetizers. I have tried to recreate our own version of spinach artichoke dip many, many times. It is tricky to make this appetizer when friends are over because the traditional dip recipe calls for baking this beauty for at least 3o minutes in the oven! This becomes an issue when my entree needs substantial baking time at a different temperature. Enter, the instant pot!
You guys….the instant pot makes this recipe a BREEZE! It is perfect for at home entertaining.
My daughter graduated from the University of Kentucky. This big SEC university is a powerhouse for college basketball! I love serving this dip while watching Coach Cal pace up and down the side of the court!
Spinach Artichoke Dip Ingredients:
- frozen spinach
- artichoke hearts
- one brick of cream cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- chicken broth
- sour cream
- good mayonnaise
- chopped yellow onion OR onion powder
Tips for Making Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- This is a true “dump and go” recipe. The spinach goes into the instant pot frozen!
- Make sure you use a wooden or plastic spatula with a long handle for the manual release on the pot. The steam is HOT.
- Once it is finished, open the lid and give everything a good stir to incorporate the ingredients. Put the lid back on so the remaining heat in the pot melds everything together.
- Use fresh garlic – it makes a big difference in this recipe.
- Avoid low fat (or fat free) mayo, cream cheese & sour cream. You need the real deal (calories, fat grams & all!) for optimal results.
- I transfer the finished dip into a small slow cooker for grazing during the game!
Overtime! Here are a few more game day eats from the blog:
- Sideline Sausage Balls – perfect appetizer for your favorite sport.
- Football Cocoa Rice Crispy Treats – every game day needs a sweet treat and these are delicious.
- Pulled Pork – nothing screams tailgating like pulled pork.
Let’s Tailgate together!
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
The classic rich and creamy spinach artichoke dip you love, but turned super easy by making it in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Rich and creamy spinach artichoke dip made in the Instant Pot.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup yellow onion chopped finely OR 1 tsp onion powder
- 4 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 10 ounces spinach frozen, chopped
- 1 jar artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise the good kind
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 brick (8 ounces) cream cheese cut into cubes
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4-8 ounces Parmesan cheese shredded, not powdered Parmesan
Pour chicken broth into the bottom of the instant pot. Add onion powder or onions and stir once or twice. Toss in garlic, frozen spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise.
Cook in instant pot on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
Do a quick release using a long wooden spoon or spatula.
Remove top. Stir dip well to incorporate ingredients. Replace instant pot top and let the dip sit in the warm pot for 3-4 minutes.
Remove top again. Add mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir well.
Spoon dip into a casserole dish, bowl or a small slow cooker for serving. Serve with tortilla chips, carrots, or bread.