Spring is officially here, can you believe it? Spring leaves me craving all things bright, fresh and pretty and that means serving up delicious easy meals often paired with a great salad! This easy Garden Salad Recipe with Creamy Vinaigrette is as delicious as it is pretty!
Hey it's Deb again from Bowl Me Over - I'm stopping by today to share a beautiful fresh green salad recipe just in time for Easter Dinner! This is a super simple salad but made extra special with bright fresh ingredients and a homemade vinaigrette.
What does a garden salad recipe have in it?
- fresh greens - romaine lettuce, spinach greens, fresh herb salad mix
- cilantro - bright fresh flavor!
- thinly sliced bell peppers
- green and red onions
- fresh tomatoes
- fruit - oranges, blueberries, strawberries - add your favorite!
You get it! Use bright fresh flavors but make it special by thinly slicing the carrots (rather than grating them). Grouping the ingredients together instead of scattering them all around the bowl makes for a pretty presentation too!
I also wanted to say a little bit about the recipe for the vinaigrette. It's so delicious - tangy, sweet and creamy all in one and I know you're going to love it! If you haven't been making salad dressings yourself, start with this one. The flavors are bright and it's so easy to make!
See the feathery fronds on top of the salad? Those are the tops of a fennel. I often use fennel in soups and stews. I save the fronds to top off a salad. They really dress it up and make it extra special without spending any extra money!
Now let's talk about this delicious homemade vinaigrette! It's made with simple, easy ingredients and takes five minutes - TOPS! I know when you see videos about how to make your own vinaigrette the olive oil is being whisked into the dressing to emulsify it.
I take a shortcut and use a mason jar! (see it below on the left?)
Why? It's easier, just add everything to the jar, secure the lid and shake, shake, shake. Leftovers are easily stored in the refrigerator and there are less dishes to do - yay!!
So what is your favorite thing about spring? The food, the weather or ? Love to hear it!
Ooh! Before I go, I want to share there's a giveaway on my blog! It's only open until the 30th so I hope you get a chance to head that way and enter - I'd love for one of my readers to win! The entry form at is the bottom of the post, just click here.
Lastly, if you've been thinking about joining the blog, now's the time! I have a new freebie, a terrific cheat sheet that shows you how to purchase, carve and store a rotisserie chicken. It includes recipes, meal pairings, even calorie counts! It's really a terrific resource guide. If you click here it will take you right to the link!
Garden Salad Recipe with Creamy Vinaigrette
Spring leads to light delicious meals often paired with a great salad! This easy Garden Salad Recipe with Creamy Vinaigrette is as delicious as it is pretty and easy to make.
Garden Salad Recipe with Creamy Vinaigrette
- 8 cups salad greens torn or cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red onion sliced into slivers
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Homemade Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- The salad ingredients I've listed are a suggestion. Don't be afraid to use YOUR favorite seasonal salad ingredients!
- Clean and dry the salad greens. Tear or dice them into bite sized pieces. Add to a large salad bowl.
- Clean and prepare the vegetables and fruit. Slice and dice - add to the salad bowl.
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Start by thinly slicing the shallot.
- Add all of the ingredients to a mason jar. Screw the lid on tightly. Shake, shake, shake hard until all of the ingredients are combined and the oil is emulsified.
- Before serving, lightly drizzle the dressing on the salad and toss. Leftover vinaigrette stores in the refrigerator for up to a week!
Debra Clark blogs over at Bowl Me Over where she shares her love of all things in a bowl! Soups, stews, salads, Buddha bowls, ice cream you name it! Comfort food that is delicious and full of flavor. Most meals are quick and easy!
If you liked this Garden Salad recipe you might also like….
Watermelon Feta Salad with Tahini Dressing - Bites of Wellness
Chickpea Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette and Feta - Striped Spatula