This creamy garlic parmesan white sauce comes together easily in one pan. The rich flavors of garlic, red pepper flake, and parmesan work together with a roux base to create a luxurious, cheesy sauce that is perfect for pasta, vegetables, or even as a dipping sauce.
What is Garlic Parmesan White Sauce Made Of?
Garlic parmesan white sauce is a sauce created from a roux-like base of flour and melted butter (along with some olive oil). The roux is seasoned with black pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt. Furthermore, minced garlic is the key to the flavor and, when whole milk and chicken broth are added, the flavored roux simmers as it thickens.
Once the sauce has thickens, finally add parmesan cheese . The parmesan further thickens the velvety white sauce while adding that tasty, nutty parmesan cheese flavor that is unmistakable. You can also add parsley on top of the garlic parmesan white sauce to bring a little freshness to the dish.
- Unsalted butter
- Whole milk
- All-purpose flour
- Chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Spaghetti or any desired pasta
🔪How to make Garlic Parmesan White Sauce (Step-by-Step Instructions)
- Prepare the spaghetti.
- While pasta is cooking, add butter, olive oil, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and garlic to a pan and whisk.
- Whisk in the flour, followed by the milk and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then let simmer while whisking until thickened.
- Finally, add parmesan and whisk until combined.
- Add in the drained spaghetti and combine. Sprinkle parsley on top.
💭Tips and Tricks
- When you serve the parmesan garlic white sauce over pasta, make sure to undercook the pasta by 1-2 minutes, because once you add the cooked pasta back into the sauce, it will continue to cook and soften for another minute or so.
- Using a fine cheese grater to mince the garlic is a fast and easy way to add minced garlic into the sauce, rather than taking the time to chop the garlic or using a garlic press.
- Finally, we recommend making the garlic parmesan sauce in a wide pan, so there is plenty of room available for adding in the pasta and coating the pasta completely with the sauce.
What is the difference between garlic parmesan white sauce vs Alfredo sauce?
Garlic parmesan white sauce exists somewhere between a white sauce and an Alfredo sauce. A white sauce, or bechamel sauce, is thickened with a roux of butter and flour.
An Alfredo sauce is made with heavy cream that is slowly reduced down and made with parmesan cheese. This sauce mirrors both, and both sauces use dairy as their base.
How do you make roasted garlic parmesan white sauce?
You would prepare a roasted garlic white sauce in the same way as you would a garlic white sauce. The only difference would be to either roast several cloves of skin-on garlic in an oven or roast skin-on garlic in a pan.
The roasted garlic would then be mashed and added to the white sauce.
What is the best way to store garlic parmesan white sauce?
You can store any creamy sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. If freezing in an airtight container, you can freeze garlic white sauce for several months. It’s a good idea to store the sauce in batches.
You can then use a smaller amount at one time when needed without having to re-freeze any remaining sauce.
What can you serve with garlic parmesan white sauce?
Garlic parmesan white sauce has multiple delicious uses. Other than serving on pasta (with or without a protein like chicken), you can add this garlic white sauce to other chicken dishes (especially chicken wings or drumsticks), add to vegetables, or use it as a dipping sauce for pizza or breadsticks.
What's in Domino's Garlic Parmesan White Sauce
If you love the Domino's version of Garlic Parmesan White Sauce, you make try making this at home too with some modifications.
The ingredients for Domino's Garlic Parmesan White Sauce is soybean oil, water, parmesan cheese, buttermilk, distilled vinegar, butter, egg yolk, salt, garlic, sugar, whey protein concentrate and modified cornstarch.
Garlic Parmesan White Sauce Recipe
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP garlic minced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ bunch parsley chopped
- 1 lb. spaghetti or any desired pasta
- Boil the spaghetti and begin making the sauce.
- Add the butter, olive oil, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and garlic to a pan over medium-low heat and begin whisking until the butter is melted and the ingredients are combined.
- Whisk in the flour until incorporated into the sauce.
- Whisk in the milk and chicken broth.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer while continuing to whisk until thickened.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and whisk until the cheese is melted into the sauce.
- Once the spaghetti is done cooking, drain and add back into the garlic butter sauce, mixing in until the sauce completely coats the pasta.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top of the pasta and serve.