Hello! I'm Amy from Club Narwhal and I could not be more excited to share these delicious Skinny Texas Cheese Fries with you today! I simply adore Jenny--especially all her efforts to build a community of like-minded readers and bloggers. Thanks so much for having me!
Why Love I These Texas Fries
One of my all time favorite restaurant menu items is Chili's Texas cheese fries. . After all, who doesn't love a big platter of cheesy potatoes spiked with salty bacon and spicy jalapeno? It is basically snack paradise!
However, chili's Texas cheese fries are FULL of calories and fat- enough to put you over your daily caloric limit in just a few bites!
But these Skinny Texas Cheese Fries nix frying in favor of roasting. A little olive oil and southwestern spices gives these fries their golden glow. We used sharp cheddar for the most bang for our cheese buck and used turkey bacon in lieu of regular.
Skimping on calories but not taste!
All of these little substitutes add up to a skillet packed with flavor but with far fewer calories than the fried version. I love making smarter swaps so I can still indulge in my favorite foods.
These fries are the kind of snack that will win you friends everywhere you go--and no one will ever know your secret!
- Red Potatoes
- Smoked Paprika
- Chilli Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Turkey Bacon
- Yogurt Dressing with Blue Cheese
How To Make Texas Cheese Fries
Skinny Texas Cheese Fries
- 3 lb red potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices turkey bacon cooked & diced
- ¼ cup diced scallions
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the potato wedges with the olive oil, spices, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a single layer, flipping half way through. The potatoes should be cooked through and golden brown on at least one side.
- Remove pan from the oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Put back in the oven for a minute or two, until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with turkey bacon, scallions, and pickled jalapenos.
- Serve with a side of blue cheese dressing. Serves 4 adults as a snack.
More Great Football Season Appetizer Ideas
We love appetizers at the Melrose Family so be sure to check out some of our other top hits: