This Mediterranean pasta salad is the perfect recipe for Summer! This salad is bursting with delicious and nutritious ingredients : fresh tortellini, tomatoes, cucumber, green bell pepper, lettuce, olives, feta cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, all topped off with coarse sea salt and tasty black pepper. YUM.
It’s Alix and Hugo from A Hedgehog in the Kitchen, back with you again to share a gourmet weeknight dinner. The weather has been absolutely beautiful in Paris recently. It makes us want to sit outside, eat loaded salads and sip on rosé. If you’re like us, and this dinner situation sounds good to you too, then you will also love this mimolette and cheddar Summer salad, this French lentil salad and this heirloom yellow tomato mozzarella salad.
If you love fresh, crunchy vegetables, soft and salty feta, firm green olives and flavorful tortellini, then this is the salad for you. Adding the pasta to this salad, makes it more kid-friendly than a veggie-only option.
Mediterranean pasta salad shopping list
- Fresh spinach & ricotta tortellini
- Medium tomatoes
- Green bell pepper
- Your favorite lettuce
- Green olives (or kalamata olives if you’re feeling adventurous!)
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Course sea salt
- Black pepper
Tips to make the perfect Mediterranean pasta salad
- When cooking the tortellini, bring the water to a boil and add a dash of salt to the boiling water before adding the tortellini.
- Make sure you rinse the tortellini with cold water before adding it to the salad, otherwise, it will heat the other ingredients.
- Use a good quality coarse sea salt for maximum flavor.
- Different brands of feta cheese have varying levels of saltiness. Experiment with different kinds of feta to choose your favorite.
- If you prefer to use Greek olives, rather than green olives, replace the green olives with black or brown kalamata olives. (They are absolutely divine.)
If you’re excited about this Mediterranean recipe, you will love these 30 Mediterranean desserts as well. You’re sure to find the perfect dessert to follow your Mediterranean pasta salad.
Mediterranean pasta salad recipe
Enjoy your beautiful Mediterranean pasta salad creation filled with fresh tortellini, tomatoes, cucumber, green bell pepper, lettuce, olives and feta cheese and topped off with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, coarse sea salt and black pepper.
Mediterranean pasta salad
Mediterranean pasta salad is the perfect recipe for Summer! This salad is bursting with delicious and nutritious ingredients : fresh tortellini, tomatoes, cucumber, green bell pepper, lettuce, olives, feta cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, all topped off with coarse sea salt and tasty black pepper. YUM.
- 1/2 lbs. of fresh spinach & ricotta tortellini
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1/3 medium cucumber
- 1 small green bell pepper seeds removed
- 3 cups of your favorite lettuce
- ½ cup of green olives
- ½ lbs. of feta cheese
- 6 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Coarse sea salt and ground black pepper to season.
Cook the tortellini pasta as indicated on the package.
Drain and rinse with cold water.
Cut the tomatoes into 8 parts.
Cut the cucumber in half (lengthwise) and slice finely.
Cut the pepper into small cubes (à la brunoise in French).
Put the lettuce in a large bowl.
Put the tomatoes, cucumber slices, pepper cubes, olives, feta, tortellini, olive oil, balsamic vinegar in a bowl and mix.
Top with salt and ground black pepper.