Last Updated on
How do you make Oreo Cupcakes?
- Make the cupcake recipe according to the directions below.
- Allow cupcakes to cool.
- Make fluffy cream cheese frosting and place in the fridge to set up.
- After the Oreo cupcakes have completely cooled, frost them with fluffy cream cheese frosting and top with more Oreo cookie crumbles.
- Watch video below for more instructions.
Tips For Making Oreo Cupcakes
- Fill the cupcake tins 1/2-2/3 of the way full so they don’t overflow when baking.
- Allow cupcakes to completely cool before frosting them.
- When frosting the cupcakes, poke a hole using a frosting tip to get the frosting into the cake.
- If you want even more delicious Oreo goodness, you can add cookie crumbles into the frosting while you mix it and then top with more cookie crumbles and a whole or half Oreo.
- Try not to eat the whole batch in one sitting.
Need more delicious cupcake recipes? Check out some of my favorites.
- Rainbow Sherbet Cupcakes are a family favorite
- My favorite game day dessert are these Milky Way Cupcakes
- These Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes are perfect for the holidays.
Oreo Cupcake Recipe
Oreo Cupcakes with a fluffy cheesecake like frosting that will have you running back for more and will become your go-to cupcake recipe.
Ready for the best Oreo Cupcakes you've ever tasted?! Oreo cupcakes have a rich chocolate cupcake with Oreo cookie chunks and chocolate chips baked into the cake and topped with a fluffy cream cheese frosting and covered with more Oreo cookie crumbles.
For the cupcakes
- 1 box triple chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box unprepared chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Oreos finely crumbled
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 container Cool Whip
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the cake mix, oil, unprepared pudding, sour cream, eggs, and water. Then add in chocolate chips and finely chopped Oreos.
Bake in cupcake liners for about 18 mins.
While the cupcakes cool, make the frosting.
Beat the cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth and fluffy. Slowly add in the sugar while continuing to mix the cream cheese mixture.
On a low speed, add in the cool whip.
You may need to allow the frosting to set up in the refrigerator while the cupcakes continue to cool. Make sure the cupcake are all the way cool before adding frosting.
Put your frosting in a pastry bag.
Stick the point of the pastry bag into the cupcake and squeeze a little frosting into the center. You will see the cupcake puff up.
Then frost the cupcakes like normal and sprinkle with crushed Oreo. If you'd like, stick a piece of Oreo in the frosting, for a little flair and extra cookie goodness.
Hope this didn’t ruin your new diet too badly. Enjoy!
This post was updated November 2018.