This peach cake is moist, flavorful, and filled with fresh, ripe peaches and a sugary crust. The perfect dessert for summer.
Peach Bundt Cake
Living here in Georgia, we always have peaches in our house during the summer. There is nothing better than a ripe, juicy peach on a summer day. So I’m always looking for different ways to use peaches in my recipes, and my favorite way is of course in DESSERTS. I have a weakness for SWEETS and this peach bundt cake is one of my favorites!
Peach nectar is one of those drinks you’ve heard of but don’t see often. But using peach nectar in this bundt cake really gives the cake a wonderful peachy flavor. You can ether make fresh peach nectar from scratch or buy it in the store. If opting to buy it, you can usually find peach nectar in the juice aisle or at a larger liquor store like Bevmo.
How to make Peach Bundt Cake
To make the cake, mix peach nectar with a box of yellow cake mix, sugar, eggs and oil until combined. Don’t forget to add some fresh diced peaches! Remove the fuzzy skin from the peaches and dice them small. Before adding the peaches to the batter, I also toss them in just a little bit of flour so they don’t sink to the bottom of the cake.
Grease the bundt pan with shortening and then dust it with sugar. Dusting with sugar gives this cake a crackly, sweet crust. Bake for approximately 40 minutes and then let cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. To finish I like lightly dusting the top with powdered sugar.
Some Tips when making this Peach Bundt Cake
- Tip #1: If you don’t have fresh peaches on hand, you can always make this bundt cake using canned peaches. But of course I recommend the fresh ones whenever possible.
- Tip #2: If, after 40 minutes of cooking the cake is still raw or liquid in the middle, try covering the pan with tin foil and putting it back in the oven at a lower temperature. I suggest lowering the temperature to 250 degrees and cooking for another 10-15 minutes. The tin foil should trap the heat and help cook the inside of your cake. Check it after 5-7 minutes to make sure there’s progress.
This cake is AHHHHmazing on it’s own but sometimes I like to serve it alongside a scoop of vanilla or my homemade vegan banana walnut ice ice cream. I hope you are having a wonderful summer and enjoy this flavorful bundt cake.
Peach Bundt Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cup diced peaches
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bundt pan with shortening.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar in the bundt pan and toss it around until it cover the pan. With an electric mixer, mix cake mix, peach nectar, oil, eggs and sugar until combined.
- Sprinkle diced peaches with flour and toss until they are coated. Stir the diced peaches into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn cake out on a serving plate and dust the top with powdered sugar.