Hey everyone! It's Serene back from House of Yumm. Remember me? I was here not too long ago sharing some Rainbow Sherbet Cupcakes. Those were probably the perfect summertime treat. Can you believe Summer is coming to an end already?! Well at least it is according to the school year. Boooo! Most kids are already in school, we start next week. With school time coming it means that time spent having fun with the kids is way more precious. One of our favorite activities we do as a family is have movie nights! And what goes hand in hand with movie nights? Popcorn recipes of course and this one is going to delight your kids!
Popcorn Recipes: Circus Animal Cookie
Our kids look forward to Friday nights and having a yummy dinner and sitting down to watch a movie together as a family. With school in session we never have time for the kids to watch TV during the week, so a movie for us is an actual treat! And of course we have to have some kind of yummy eats to go with our family movie night. One of our favorites is popcorn.
Popcorn is so fun to change up and make special.
This popcorn is a favorite for the kids...and for me!
Simple and easy to make your kids will be so excited for this special treat.
This popcorn is coated in white chocolate, sprinkles, and of course chunks of Circus Animal Cookies are added in for extra fun and color. Anything with sprinkles is a win in our household! If you follow along at House of Yumm you've probably already noticed my love of all things sprinkled.
You are going to love how easy popcorn recipes are to make, and your kids will absolutely love how fun this treat is!
- 1 bag popcorn of choice
- 1 12 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons non-pariel sprinkles
- 1 cup crushed frosted circus animal cookies
- Pop the popcorn according to the directions on the bag. Pour into a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Place the white chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl. To melt the white chocolate set the microwave to 50% power and heat for 1 minute. Continue heating in 30 second increments at 50%, stirring after each time. This will prevent the chocolate from burning. Chocolate will be completely melted after about 2 and a half minutes of heating.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and stir gently to coat all of the popcorn in the chocolate.
- Pour the popcorn out onto a baking pan covered in wax paper, sprinkle, and place in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to allow to cool and the chocolate to set.
- Serve into dishes to serve and top with cookie crumbles. Enjoy!
You may also like....
Serene is a wife, mother to three beautiful girls, and lover of all things frosted and sprinkled. During nap times she loves to bake, cook, and photograph her fun creations. Her blog, House of Yumm, is the place she shares all of her recipes. There you can find recipes that are easy, fun, and creative! Most are sweet treats, however, since a person can't survive on cookies and cake alone, there are also some scrumptious meal ideas too. Join her for fun, family friendly, time friendly and delicious treats throughout the week!