This Sausage and Pepperoni Crescent Roll Casserole is an easy dinner that's ready in about 30 minutes! Like a shortcut version of Deep Dish Meat Lover's Pizza, the hearty meal is a family-friendly option for your busiest weeknights.
Hi, friends! I'm excited to be visiting you again from The Seasoned Mom!
Since I've got a house full of 3 hungry boys (plus one hungry husband), I'm always in search of that next great dinner. You know...the one that everyone around the table will actually eat and enjoy? Well this is DEFINITELY it...
What makes Sausage and Pepperoni Crescent Roll Casserole an easy dinner idea?
When I first served this meal, Keith's instant reaction was, "YUMMY!" I think that about sums it up! After all, I use flaky crescent roll dough as a crust and stuff it with a flavorful filling of Italian sausage, pepperoni, marinara sauce, and cheese. In other words, this casserole is essentially a Meat Lover's Deep Dish Pizza...with even more of the good stuff! I also managed to squeeze some veggies into the meal, but that's a secret that I'm not about to share with my kids...
Best of all, this dinner only requires 15 minutes of hands-on time and you can prepare it in advance if that suits your schedule. What more could a busy mom ask for?!
The smaller you dice the veggies, the less detectable they are by picky little eaters!
How to make ahead and store Sausage & Pepperoni Crescent Roll Casserole?
You can prepare the filling in advance so that you only need to put it in the crust at the last minute. To do this, cook the meat and veggies according to directions above. Stir in marinara and cheese, and transfer to a container. Cover and store in the refrigerator for a couple of days, or even freeze it! When you’re ready to use the meat, you want the meat mixture to be warm (or at room temperature) before adding it to the crust. I simply microwave the meat for 1-2 minutes and then proceed with instructions above.
For more easy and amazing casserole recipes do check out this Chicken Enchilada Casserole and this Eggplant Parmesan Casserole!
Sausage and Pepperoni Crescent Roll Casserole
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- ¼ cup chopped pepperoni
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced green or red bell pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, pepperoni, onion, and bell pepper until sausage is no longer pink (about 7 minutes). Drain fat and return to skillet. Stir in marinara sauce and about 1 cup of the cheese.
- While the meat is cooking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare crust: Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place dough in an ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate with the narrow, pointed ends overlapping the edge of the dish by a few inches. Press dough into the bottom and sides of the dish to form a crust.
- Top with meat mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bring tips of dough into the center.Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
this looks great and love that it only takes 30 minutes, thank you!
Find Your Fine
Really looks delicious. Hope to prepare soon.
The sausage / pepperoni casserole looks delicious. I even have all the ingredients on hand so will be making this come tomorrow.
Enjoy your weekend and have a Happy Halloween