Perfect for the Season starting this weekend, this Spicy Avocado Ranch & Bacon Dip will have the football fans in your house yelling touchdown! This dip has a little kick to it with fan favorites of ranch. Plus, how can you possibly go wrong with a dip that has BACON in it. It should be a prerequisite that all dips include bacon. Right?!
Spicy Avocado Ranch & Bacon Dip
I don't know about y'all but in our house Thursdays & Sundays after church center around one thing this time of year. We are huge football fans! Thanks to my dad, I've loved football for as long as I can remember & my husband grew to love it over these last 8 years we've been together (he was all about basketball before). Thursdays & Sundays I don't even bother making full meals for us to eat. I just make different snack foods for us to munch on throughout the day as we watch our favorite teams!
This Spicy Avocado Ranch & Bacon Dip is one of the snacks I made for a preseason game. It's so simple to put together & the taste is absolutely amazing! It only requires 6 ingredients & about 10 minutes to come together! I do recommend making the dip a little bit in advance & letting it sit in the fridge to let the flavors blend but that's totally up to you! And that's the hardest part of making this dip - not digging right in!
- 8 oz sour cream
- 6 oz plain greek yogurt
- 1 small avocado
- 5 slices bacon cooked crisp
- 2 chipotle peppers from a can of chipotles in adobe sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, greek yogurt & ranch mix. Roughly mash the avocado & gently mix in the sour cream mixture.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces & stir into the sour cream dip. Mince the chipotle peppers & scrape the peppers, seeds & any sauce on your cutting board into the dip. Stir all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Serve immediately with chips for dipping or cover & refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld until ready to serve.
Recipe inspired by: Country Clever
Enjoy this dip recipe? You might also like any of these: