You don't have to go out to your favorite Italian Restaurant to enjoy restaurant style soup at home! Zuppa Toscana Soup is a quick and easy meal to make. So savory and delicious! This soup and a great loaf of bread (like this Ranch Cheesy Bread) makes this an easy weeknight meal!
Hi everyone it's Deb stopping by from Bowl Me Over - I've been sharing some delicious meal every now and then and I have another bowl of deliciousness for you today!
What makes this Soup a great weeknight meal?
Zuppa Toscana Soup! Have you visited Olive Garden lately? Whenever we do, I usually order soup & salad. It's always delicious, you get those amazing breadsticks and a variety of soups to choose from so it makes decision making even easier, right?
Then I had a great idea.... why not make this amazing soup at home? It's a soup everyone loves, incredibly savory and very affordable - trust me when I say you're going to adore this soup!
- Italian sausage
- russet potatoes
- chicken broth
- half and half
- bay leaf
- Italian seasoning
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- dry white wine
🔪How to make Zuppa Toscana Soup
Easy enough to make you'll start by by browning the sausage. While it is browning, peel a couple of potatoes and dice, peel and chop an onion, mince one clove of garlic. Next clean and chop kale.
Don't like kale? I think you'll change your mind after trying this soup!
When the sausage is done, add the chopped onions, diced potatoes and spices. Sauté until the veggies just begin to soften. Add the kale, sauté for another minute or two. Then add chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Boil uncovered until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat and stir in half and half.
Dinner is done!
How delicious is that?
This has all the flavors of a slow cooked meal but is done in less than 30 minutes. It's a great weeknight meal and perfect for a cool day!
Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
- ½ pound Italian sausage mild
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch kale stems removed, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup dry white wine suggest using Chardonnay
- Start by by browning the sausage in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- While it is browning, peel the potatoes. Dice, peel and chop an onion, mince one clove of garlic.
- Next clean and chop kale. Remove the stems, chop the leaves into bite sized pieces, set aside.
- When the sausage is done, add the chopped onions, diced potatoes and spices. Sauté until the veggies just begin to soften. Add the kale, sauté for another minute or two.
- Add a splash of wine to the pan to deglaze. Scrape all of the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Increase the heat to high and add the chicken broth. Bring it to a boil. Boil uncovered until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat and stir in half and half.