Last Updated on
Apple crumble cake! This is one of those dessert recipes that your family will come back to again and again! The ingredients are tasty as can be : apples, milk, brown sugar, eggs, butter, wholewheat flour, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and baking powder. This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prep and bakes for an additional 45 minutes.
It’s Alix and Hugo from A Hedgehog in the Kitchen back again, this time to share an easy dessert recipe with you! We have a confession to make : we are crazy about desserts! Some healthier like these sugar-free matcha chocolate popsicles and some more indulgent like this festive moelleux au chocolat (one of the best French desserts!).
If you love soft crumbly toppings, this is the dessert for you. If you love that Heavenly combo that is the result of butter and cinnamon, you’re in the right place! If you love treating your friends and family to a perfect dessert without spending the whole day in the kitchen, this is YOUR recipe! By the way, this is technically a dessert recipe but why not eat it as breakfast or an afternoon snack?
Apple crumble cake shopping list :
- brown sugar
- ginger powder
- whole wheat flour
- baking powder
Tips to make the best apple crumble cake :
- Use good quality spices – they have a huge impact on the flavor of the final product!
- We love swapping regular butter for salted butter – but that’s up to you.
- Make you sure you mix the butter into your crumble with your hands because it will create the perfect crumble texture. This is a really fun step to enjoy with your kids if you like!
You can make this recipe all year long. It’s perfect to bring on Spring picnics and Summer BBQs. If you are looking for another ultra portable snack to delight your family and friends, we also love these honey pumpkin madeleines. If you are headed to a picnic or BBQ, make sure you make this whiskey BBQ sauce and tomato feta tortellini salad too!
Apple crumble cake recipe
This apple crumble cake is a combination of simple and tasty ingredients : apples, milk, brown sugar, eggs, butter, whole wheat flour, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and baking powder.
If you like this Apple Crumble Cake recipe you might also like…
Apple Crumble Cake
For the cake:
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
- 1.75 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 3 big apples peeled and cut into cubes of 1/2 inch
For the crumble:
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter cut into small chunks
- Butter a cake tin of 8 inches.
- Mix the brown sugar with the butter until it combine with the paddle attachment of your stand mixer.
- Add egg one by one while mixing.
- Add spices, flour, baking powder and milk then mix.
- Add the apples cubes and mix with a spoon.
- Pour the mix into the cake tin.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C)
- Prepare the crumble.
- Mix the flour and the granulated sugar.
- Add the butter and mix with your hand.
- Add onto the cake dough.
- Put in oven for 45 minutes.
Easy Apple French Cake – Restless Chipotle
German Sunken Apple Cake – The Schizo Chef