Summer is for spending time with family, traveling, relaxing by the pool and this blissful Mediterranean quiche! We are all about simple, easy, healthy food. (Beautiful colors and presentation are a bonus!)
This mediterranean quiche is all that and more. To make this quiche, you will need a red onion, one red bell pepper, a clove of garlic, a large and juicy tomato, one medium zucchini, 7 mint leaves, 1 premade roll of pastry dough (we always use organic), 3 eggs, some cream and your favorite cheese (we used swiss emmental but cheddar would taste amazing too). We use a combination of spices that we love called ras-el-hanout. If you can't find it near you, that's fine. You can replace it with 1 tsp of curry powder instead. (The spice combination is similar.) If you'd like to learn more about cooking with spices, download our free printable spice guide.
Looking for a healthy dessert to make while your quiche is in the oven? Prepare these sugar-free matcha chocolate
popsicles for later!
You know this Mediterranean quiche is in your near future if :
- You get excited about easy and delicious meals!
- You love meal planning - this quiche fits so beautifully into a
healthy dinners meal plan.
- You love experimenting with spices.
- You're looking for a healthy meal with a European twist!
We hope you love this blissful mediterranean quiche as much as we do! Can't you imagine yourself enjoying a slice with a glass of rosé in hand? We can.
Blissful Mediterranean quiche
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tsp ras-el-hanout (or curry powder)
- ¼ tsp hot pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 7 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 pastry
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup Emmental cheese or your favorite cheese (cut into cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add onion and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato and ras-el-hanout (or curry powder). Cook 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Line a tart or quiche mold with the puff pastry.
- Place baking beans on the puff pastry to keep it from rising in the oven.
- Put in the oven and bake for 10/15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add zucchini and mint to the vegetable mixture in the pan.
- Mix eggs, cream, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Remove the puff pastry from the oven and remove the baking beans.
- Pour the egg mixture into the quiche mold.
- Pour the vegetable mixture over the egg mixture in the quiche mold.
- Add the cheese on top.
- Bake for 10/15 minutes or until the puff pastry is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with green salad (our favorite is arugula!).
Alix & Hugo
Strickland Frénoy are a married couple, recipe developers, photographers
and lifelong explorers. They created A Hedgehog in the Kitchen to share their passion for
healthy, French & International recipes and to inspire you to make
simple and delicious homemade food. They also share Parisian restaurant
and hotel recommendations as well as their travel adventures on the blog.
The blog is home to 200+ articles featuring farm to table recipes, free
meal plans & printables to help you become a better homecook and
travel recommendations to help you experience Paris and abroad like a
local. Sign up to receive 3 free
recipes per week as well as food travel tips gathered from our