A perfect weeknight meal is one that is quick and easy, but we don't want to forget delicious as well. This Italian Chicken and Vegetable Bake is an easy meal that is sure to become an instant family favorite! Plus, it's only five ingredients!
Italian Chicken & Vegetable Bake
When I'm planning my weekly menu, the first thing I look for are easy to make recipes that don't require a lot of prep work and preferably don't require a lot of clean up after the fact either. The second thing I look for are recipes that are budget friendly. This Italian Chicken & Vegetable Bake meets all of those requirements!
Even though I used chicken thighs to make this dish, it can easily be made with chicken breasts or even drumsticks. Use whatever you have in your freezer! And simply because I was being lazy, I didn't quarter my potatoes. On a non-lazy day, I normally would just to give them more of a roasted flavor. The potatoes are totally up to you & your level of laziness the day you cook this dinner!
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 28 oz potatoes
- 16 oz baby carrots
- 1 envelope Italian dressing & marinade mix
- 1 stick butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place the chicken thighs in the middle of the dish. Lay the potatoes & carrots around the chicken, filling up the dish.
- Sprinkle the Italian dressing over the entire dish.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the entire dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 and a half to 2 hours, or until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tenders.
HERE ARE A FEW MORE CHICKEN DINNERS TO CHECK OUT: