I'm not sure if I have truly professed my love of grilling to the full extent yet. Well, any excuse to barbecue is ideal for me because my husband is the grill master. I just do all the prep, which is why these Lime Tequila Shrimp Kabobs are packed with flavor. The fresh ingredients used on the skewers with the shrimp scream Summer.
Lime Tequila Shrimp Kabobs
The great thing about using a marinade is that it is perfect for entertaining. You can throw the ingredients together hours ahead of time and let the shrimp gain all of the fabulous flavors from the ingredients. All the while, you get to sit back and enjoy your time with your company. You might even enjoy a glass of my Strawberry Punch. A tip to keep in mind though is that you want to soak your skewers in water for about 30 minutes if you're using the bamboo skewers so that they don't flame up while on the grill.
I like to use red bell peppers, onion and lime wedges on my skewers with the shrimp because they work well in another dish that I'll be sharing, just in case you end up with leftovers. You can use whatever your heart desires though in between the shrimp. I usually put the skewers together right as Joe gets the grill going.
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt & pepper
- one pound of shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 limes quartered
- red bell pepper cut into chunks
- onion cut into chunks
- In a mixing bowl combine the lime juice, tequila, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the marinade into a gallon size ziplock bag and the shrimp to the marinade.
- Refrigerate the bag for a minimum of 2 hours before placing it on the skewers.
- Alternate between shrimp, red bell peppers, onions and limes on the skewers.
- Cook on the grill for five minutes.
Grilling is definitely a favorite part of Summer for me. It means great food and less work for me. Woohoo! If you're as much of a fan of grilling as I am, be sure to check out my Steak Bites Shish Kabobs recipe. It's another fabulous marinade that'll have you asking for more. I also have tons of side dishes that work well for cookouts, but a personal favorite is my Red Cabbage Coleslaw. Just remember to enjoy yourself because before you know it the Summer will be over.