Mason jar centerpieces are a lovely way to decorate your home, garden or event. Rustic mason jar centerpieces that can be filled with flowers, candles or lights will look beautiful as a DIY centerpiece on your table. In this article I will be explaining how to make a mason jar centerpiece craft.
Whether you want to make mason jar wedding centerpieces or a DIY centerpiece for your home, mason jar centerpieces are easy to make and this rustic effect mason jar centerpiece craft is sure to make an impression.
What makes mason jar centerpieces a great DIY decor idea?
A DIY mason jar centerpiece will look impressive on your table and it is easy to make it look just as good as the one's at the store. This mason jar craft is suitable for adults to make yet also simple enough for children to craft on their own.
The mason jar centerpieces idea that I am going to show you in this article is inexpensive to make and most of the materials needed can be found around the house or are available from the dollar store.
How do you make a mason jar centerpiece?
- Cut a length of burlap ribbon slightly longer than the circumference of your jar.
- Cut a length of white lace trim the same length as the burlap ribbon and use your glue to stick it along the center.
3. When the burlap and lace are dry, wrap them around the center of the mason jar with the lace facing outwards. Overlap the ends and use glue to stick them in place.
4. Wrap the jute twine around the top of your mason jar a few times and finish with a bow.
What to put in mason jar centerpieces
Mason jar centerpieces will look great used as a vase for some fresh or dried flowers or even with a handful of fresh leaves from the yard.
Mason jar centerpieces with lights inside can look beautiful on an outdoor table at night. You can also get this effect from putting candles or tea lights inside of them.
If you want to, you can get creative and make themed mason jar centerpieces such as beach themed centerpieces with sand and shells inside. You could make mason jar Christmas centerpieces with fake snow or small Christmas ornaments inside.
Where can I use these mason jar centerpieces
These Mason jar centerpieces can simply be used to decorate your home but they can also be used for many other occasions. Mason jar wedding centerpieces are easy to craft and make a great addition to the tables at a wedding reception.
Similarly, Mason jar crafts can also make brilliant graduation centerpieces or Christmas table centerpieces. Another lovely idea is to use rustic mason jar centerpieces to decorate a garden party, adding candles or lights for when the evening sets in.
Tips & Tricks
- Why not reuse old jelly or food jars by turning them into diy centerpieces. This will be less expensive than buying jars and, even if you have an assortment of sizes, you can arrange them together to make a beautiful table centerpiece.
- I have used burlap ribbon and white lace but you can use any material you like to decorate your jars. The white and neutral colors give a rustic centerpiece look but you can add color if you have a color themed event.
- If you find your burlap won't stick to the mason jar, you may find it useful to use a hot glue gun. f
- Try painting your mason jars different colors before decorating them.
- Feel free to experiment with different materials and decorations for your mason jar centerpiece.
- You can also use other glass containers such as bottles or glasses to make centerpieces.
What can I use to fill mason jars for centerpieces?
You can fill your mason jar centerpiece with flowers, small ornaments or plants. You can also use candles, tea lights or fairy lights to fill your jar and make it look pretty.
If you are crafting mason jar wedding centerpieces you could also fill them with candy favors for your guests.
What size Mason jar should I use for centerpieces?
You can use any size mason jar for making a centerpiece but I would suggest a larger 20cm jar would work best on its own or, if you are going to use small jars then use more than one grouped together.
What size mason jar is best for flowers?
A medium to large sized jar will work best for bigger flowers as you will need space for the stems. For smaller flowers such as daisies, you will need a much smaller mason jar.
What to do with your DIY Mason Jar Centerpieces?
You can use your mason jar centerpieces to decorate your table at home or multiple tables at events. You could also use them to decorate a sideboard, shelf or dresser.
How much do mason jar centerpieces cost?
Mason jar centerpieces can be fairly inexpensive to craft. Jars can be bought online or in the dollar store. Alternatively you can reuse food jars you already have.
You will normally find you have left over decorations so making multiple jars can be cheaper.