These pecan and brown sugar cookies are soft, chewy, a little crunchy, and loaded with pecans. They are sure to become one of your favorite fall or holiday cookie recipes this year! Follow my tips below to get the perfect pecan and brown sugar cookies.
What makes these Pecan and Brown Sugar Cookies a great fall baking recipe?
I don't know about you, but I wait all year for baking season to come around and now that it's officially in full swing, I've got cookies everywhere!
I've been coming up with new cookie ideas left and right, jotting them all down, and slowly but surely baking my way down the list. These pecan and brown sugar cookies were at the very top of that my because, I just LOVE pecans and I'm always looking for new ways to get them in my recipes.
How To Make Pecan and Brown Sugar Cookies
So, of course, I instantly started thinking about about cookies and adding pecans to cookies, which I decided is the perfect combination for fall baking, isn't it? With a few simple tweaks, I took a plane Jane cookie dough recipe to fall-pecan-cookie-perfection just by adding some extra brown sugar and of course, tons of chopped pecans! These pecan and brown sugar cookies are a fall inspired cookie that has no pumpkin spice anything!
As with many of my cookie recipes, I've made this recipe super simple and, of course, kid friendly too. You can make these pecan and brown sugar cookies in one large bowl and with no mixer required, making it the perfect recipe to make any old fall afternoon!
Tips and Tricks:
- You'll want to chop the pecans finely before adding them to the cookie dough.
- Rotating the cookies halfway through baking will ensure even baking.
- If the cookies turn brown on the bottom, they're over-baked.
- Allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once fully cooled, these cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months if needed.
A sweet and simple, fall inspired brown sugar cookie loaded with pecans that's thick, chewy, and a little crunchy too!
Pecan and Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups flour
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 30 pecan halves (for the tops of each cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Add sea salt, baking soda, and water and stir.
- Add egg and mix to combine.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add flour, half at a time, and stir until just combined.
- Fold in finely chopped pecans and stir until evenly dispersed.
- Using a 1 TBS cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto lined baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Gently press a pecan half into the top of each cookie. Do not over-flatten.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, prior to transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze.