Serve your family a big bowl of comfort with this Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake! Packed full of fresh veggies, crispy bacon & cheesy goodness, even your pickiest of eaters will ask for seconds!
Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake
There's not much out there more comforting than a big bowl of pasta. It's one of those ingredients that you just really can't go wrong with. It works in salads, casseroles, soups plus it's definitely budget friendly and makes it easy to feed a crowd.
So today we're making up a perfect Spring time casserole. Who doesn't love the bacon and ranch combo and then with the addition of the fresh vegetables in this pasta bake, I'm willing to bet it will become an instant family favorite!
So let's start cooking!
First thing's first, you've got to fry up some bacon. Delicious crispy bacon. And then you've got to try to not eat it all while you put together the rest of the components of this bake.
And while you're frying up the bacon, go ahead and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Once the bacon is all nice & crisp and you've got it draining on some paper towels, pour out all of the grease but about a tablespoon or two from your frying pan. To that grease, you're going to add some butter & some minced garlic and then you are going to saute those veggies. They have now lost all aspects of being healthy, but they taste magnificent.
While you're sauteing your veggies, you're going to want to go ahead and make up the ranch sauce in a separate medium saucepan.
Then it's a simple as combining all of the ingredients in your baking dish, pouring the ranch sauce over everything and then just piling on the cheese. Then you bake it.
And then you end up with this deliciousness for dinner!
I hope you're family enjoys this delicious dinner! And if y'all are chicken fans, this would be a great way to use up some leftover chicken! Just throw it in there when you mix up all of the ingredients in the baking dish!
Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 bunch asparagus cut in 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pint half and half
- 5 cloves minced garlic divided
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 oz dry ranch dressing mix
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet & drain all but 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon grease from the skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet with the bacon grease and allow to melt. Add the asparagus pieces, grape tomatoes and 2 cloves of minced garlic to the skillet. Saute until asparagus is crisp tender.
- While you are frying the bacon & sauteing the vegetables, prepare the pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add the remaining 3 cloves minced garlic and crushed red pepper. Add the flour and stir in with the butter. Add the half & half and chicken broth and continue stirring until thickened. Stir in the package of the ranch salad dressing mix. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Place pasta in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Top with the bacon, sauteed vegetables and corn. Pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
You may also like....
Chili Verde Chicken over Ranchero Pasta
I made this tonight with cheesy, garlic bread and both my boys went back for seconds. My husband requested I add chicken next time and leave out the tomatoes. However, he ate 2 big plates as well! I loved it!
OMG this recipe looks so good! I LOVE asparagus this time of year...this recipe is going on the menu board!
Rachel Kathyg @ onlinesisterhood
Yummy! Looks delicious. pinned. found at cast party wed. Have a great week.