I absolutely love finger food as appetizers. For me the holidays are all about the appetizers and desserts. That’s mainly because I have the habit of filling up on appetizers, like me Christmas Tree Pinwheels. The best part about this Cranberry Dinner party appetizer is that they are perfect for a low key family Christmas to a formal cocktail party. Plus, the flavors are absolutely divine together.
Simple Cranberry Appetizer
This cranberry appetizer is the perfect simple app because the cranberry is sweet while the cream cheese gives it a creamy finish. The secret ingredient in these cranberry crackers is the horseradish. Yep, you read that right. Horseradish! Zing and yum all in one bite size appetizer.
How to Make the Cranberry Appetizer Topping
I’m pretty sure that aside from how amazing these taste, my favorite thing about them is that the cranberry topping gets made the day before and the assembly of the crackers takes five minutes. I have a habit of trying to get my foods to match the theme of the party or get together. These Cranberry crackers are perfect for Christmas, but would also work well for pretty much any fall holiday or event.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz cranberres
- 3 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- Combine the water, sugar, brown sugar and cranberries and bring them to a boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring ocassionally so that the cranberries have popped and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Cool the sauce and then add the horseradish and Dijon mustard.
- Chill the sauce.
- Spread a layer of the softened cream cheese over each cracker and top with the cranberry sauce just before serving