Ham and cheese pinwheels are a super simple and easy appetizer that everyone will love. All you need is 4 ingredients and a few minutes to make these pinwheel appetizers. Use deli ham and your favorite sliced cheese; turkey would also work and be absolutely delicious. Follow my helpful tips below when making these ham and cheese pinwheels.
For this recipe you will need: crescent roll dough, deli ham, cheese slices, and mustard.
With the holidays almost wrapping up, and New Years right around the corner, I thought I would share one of my mom’s easy appetizer recipes. Life gets so crazy around the holidays that sometimes it is hard to do more things and have more parties, or create more recipes. Thankfully, this recipe is so simple, you’ll look forward to making it for your next party (and so delicious that all your friends will be glad you brought it).
During the week of Christmas, my mom made the trip to North Carolina to visit. It had been a little while since we got to spend time with her; it was so nice, and the girls loved the quality time with Grandma. While she was here, she shared some of her favorite recipes with us. One of them was these simple ham and cheese pinwheels. Seriously, so easy and so delicious.
I remember my mom making these all the time growing up, for parties, lunches, and sometimes even dinner. They are like a delicious ham and cheese sandwich, but made with crescent dough and rolled up in a pretty little pinwheel. The girls loved them and scarfed them down as fast as I could put them on the serving dish. And as you know with kids, that’s a really good sign.
Grab 4 ingredients and start making these tasty little guys.
Tips For Making Ham And Cheese Pinwheels
- Roll out the crescent roll dough and pinch together the seams so they don’t break.
- The thinner the slices of cheese, the easier it is to roll.
- Use a really sharp knife to slice pinwheels.
- Pop the ham and cheese pinwheels into the freezer for 10 minutes before slicing to make slicing easier.
- Don’t have ham? You could also use turkey deli meat as well. Oh, and if you did honey mustard instead of regular mustard, and Swiss cheese… I bet they would be amazing.
Tools you may need:
- Cutting board
- Baking sheets – this recipe makes enough pinwheel appetizers for to fill two baking sheets.
- Sharp knife – a sharp knife makes slicing a lot easier.
- Parchment paper – make clean up easy by using parchment paper.
How To Make Ham And Cheese Pinwheels Step-by-Step
Okay, are you ready to make these super easy appetizers?
- Preheat oven to 375. Pop open crescent roll can and lay the dough on a baking sheet or cutting board.
- Using fingers, pinch together seams.
- Lay ham onto crescent roll dough, slightly overlapping slices.
- Lay cheese over ham, slightly overlapping pieces.
- Squirt mustard over ham and cheese and use a spoon or knife to spread it out evenly.
- Roll the ham and cheese tightly into a roll. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This makes slicing easier.
- Slice about 1/4 inch apart. Place rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crescent rolls start to turn golden. Take out of the oven and lay on a plate or serving platter to cool. Enjoy.
Need more easy appetizer ideas? Check these recipes out!
Here are a few of my favorite appetizers that are delicious for any party or game day celebration.
- Black Bean Dip – a delicious classic black bean dip with your favorite toppings
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels – take your pinwheel appetizers to the next level with buffalo chicken!
- Cranberry Bacon Cream Cheese Appetizers – simple, creamy, and butter appetizer that just looks and tastes extra fancy.
- Super Easy Taco Hummus – you will be shocked at how tasty and easy this taco hummus is.
- Mini Meatball Spaghetti Pies – a really fun and kid approved appetizer (or meal)
Ham And Cheese Pinwheels Recipe
This easy appetizer is so simple and delicious, and made with just 4 ingredients.
Ham And Cheese Pinwheels
Ham and cheese pinwheels are a easy appetizer that everyone will love. All you need is 4 ingredients and a few minutes to make these pinwheel appetizers
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 8 slices deli ham
- 6 slices cheese cheddar, Swiss, or American will work
- 1-2 tbs mustard
Preheat oven to 375. Pop open crescent roll can and lay onto baking sheet or cutting board.
Using fingers, pinch together seams.
Lay ham onto crescent rolls slightly overlapping slices. Squirt mustard over ham and cheese and use a spoon or knife to spread it out evenly.
Lay cheese over ham slightly overlapping pieces.
Roll the ham and cheese tightly into a roll. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This makes slicing easier.
Slice about 1/4 inch apart. Lay onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crescent rolls start to turn golden. Take out of the oven and lay on a plate or serving platter to cool. Enjoy.
Have you ever made pinwheels before? Such a simple and delicious appetizer.