Marinated meat thinly sliced is quickly cooked over a super hot grill. The marinade is spicy and sweet and completely delicious! Korean BBQ Beef Bowl is flavorful, tender and a great choice for a barbecue or cookout!
Hey it's Deb stopping by again from Bowl Me Over. Are you ready to get your grill on? Today I'm sharing an easy meal on the grill, a Korean BBQ Beef Bowl! And let me tell you, this meal is tasty!
What is in Korean style BBQ sauce?
- chili paste
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- brown sugar
Korean BBQ is slightly spicy and very flavorful - I know you're going to love it! This is easy to make, cooks up super quick and has a ton of sweet/hot amazing flavor.
What kind of meat is used in Korean BBQ?
There are two main types of beef used in Korean BBQ - short rib meat & thin slices of rib-eye. You can also use top or bottom round. In this recipe I recommend tri-tip. Just make sure the meat is very thinly sliced against the grain, that way is will be tender!
Pro-Tip! Ask your butcher to slice the meat for you! It's a free serve and most are happy to help!
I love the flavor of tri-tip and it's also a more affordable cut. After marinating the meat goes on a super-hot BBQ grill and is quickly cooked.
What are Korean side dishes?
- kimchi - and before you turn up your nose, give it a try! Do you like sauerkraut? If you do, I bet you'll really enjoy kimchi!
- eggrolls - the list goes on and on!
Here's the deal - eat what you enjoy, but don't be afraid to step a bit outside your comfort zone, you just might find a new delicious flavor you love! I enjoy serving a spicy meal with bright flavors like mango, canned mandarins or pineapple. All offer a bright taste that pairs nicely with the rich flavors of this meal.
Grab the Korean BBQ Sauce Marinade recipe just click here.
Looking for more tasty marinades?
If you love Korean BBQ Beef, then I know you'll love Korean BBQ'd Chicken - topped off with an over-easy egg, it's rich and filling - just so good!
Be sure to head over to the website and grab the Korean BBQ Sauce Marinade recipe just click here.
Korean BBQ Beef Bowl
Korean BBQ Beef Bowl is flavorful, tender and a great choice for a barbecue or cookout! Marinated meat thinly sliced is quickly cooked over a super hot grill. The marinade is spicy, sweet and completely delicious!
Korean BBQ Beef Bowl
- 1 2.5 lb. tri-tip thinly sliced
- Korean BBQ Sauce Marinade
- 3 cups kimchi divided
- 1 15 oz. can mandarins divided
- 4 cups rice white or brown, use your favorite - divided
- optional garnishes - sesame seeds, sliced jalapeños, sriracha
- Prepare the Korean BBQ Sauce marinade. Set aside.
- Add the thinly sliced beef to the marinade. Seal and marinade for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat the grill, get it screaming hot! Lightly oil the grill.
- Working in batches, spread the meat on the grill and quickly sear it for about 1 minute each side. Remove immediately and repeat until all the meat is grilled.
- Served piled on a bowl of rice, add a serving of kimchi and mandarin oranges to each bowl.
- Serve with optional garnishes - minced cilantro, sesame seeds, jalapeños, sriracha and/or green onions.
Debra Clark blogs over at Bowl Me Over where she shares her love of all things in a bowl! Soups, stews, salads, Buddha bowls, BBQ, ice cream you name it! All are delicious and full of flavor. Most are quick, easy and healthy too!