Warm weather and cold sangria go hand in hand. Making a delicious batch of sangria does not need to be complicated- my foolproof Simple Sangria Recipe has only 3 ingredients…and that’s counting the fruit!
Hey there! It’s Heather stopping by from Totally Tailgates with your new go-to summer beverage…. my Simple Sangria Recipe! Let me be perfectly clear: if you count the fruit (and I always do!) there are only THREE ingredients in this tasty, refreshing sangria! That’s right. Just three!
You will be the rock star at the pool, lake party, or at the after-work summer social!
My daughter and several of her sorority sisters stopped by our house for lunch on their way back to college after spring break. They’d enjoyed a warm, sunny week in Miami and I was so excited to see them and to hear all about the antics of the week! They are a wonderful group of smart, grounded young women.
But….back to the luncheon……I had a small problem.
I wasn’t exactly feeling like the Hostess with the Mostess because I was recuperating from surgery.
My mother-in-law came to the rescue.
She suggested we order pans of Italian pasta & salad from a popular local restaurant. Since the occasion was celebratory AND the girls are all well over 21 years old, I thought a nice glass of sangria would complement the meal along with the pitchers of tea & water.
Necessity, they say, is the mother of all inventions. I needed a SUPER simple sangria recipe….pronto!
Hence, the Simple Sangria Recipe was born.
It was wonderful to see the girls gathered around our kitchen table, toasting and reminiscing about their senior year. Before I knew it, it was time to take them to the airport.
The sangria was a hit, and I knew it was a keeper!
The taste is so refreshing – no one will believe you that it is SO easy!
The Playbook for a Simple Sangria Recipe:
- Your favorite Rose or blush wine
- Mixed Berry Juice Cocktail (I used Welch’s)
You guys….it just doesn’t get much easier OR tastier than this!
The mixed berry juice gives you that deep, red wine sangria look. However, by using a blush wine (like a Rose or a white zinfandel) you will have a lighter, more refreshing sangria. The result? A very impressive jewel colored sangria that looks waaaaay more complicated than it really is.
To make a non-alcoholic version, just swap the wine for ginger ale.
Take the Simple Sangria to the Tailgate (or pool…or lake…or beach…) Tips:
- All three ingredients should be chilled prior to mixing.
- Pour the juice in a pitcher – about 3/4 of the way full. Add wine to your liking. Stir, then add fruit! Voila!
- Wash and slice your fruits of choice in advance. Seal in a zip top baggie or plastic container until you are ready to serve.
- Because you are using a pre-made blend of juices, this sangria does not require hours in the fridge for the flavors to blend. You just mix and drink!
- If you are taking your sangria to a party, simply put your unopened juice & wine in a cooler. Slide your baggie of fruit next to the beverages. Keep chilled until you are ready to mix!
Enjoy your summer!
Simple Sangria Recipe
With only three ingredients this summer sangria recipe is one that can’t be beat.
Simple Sangria Recipe
- 1 96 fl ounces Mixed Berry Cocktail Juice like Welch's (non-alcoholic)
- 1 750ml Bottle of Rose or blush wine
- 1 cup Assorted fruits washed and cut
- Chill juice and wine thoroughly.
- Wash and chop fruits.
- Pour juice into a large pitcher until the pitcher is about 3/4 of the way full.
- Add wine to your liking - use more or less based on your preference.
- Stir wine and juice together. Float fruit on top of sangria.
- Serve immediately.
Hi there! I’m Heather from Totally Tailgates….the home of Southern Sideline Hospitality. Join me for the best game day foods, fashions and stops along the way! Want to know all about sorority recruitment? I have a series on rush tips for PNMs and their mamas – it’s never too early to plan for rush!
If you liked this Simple Sangria Recipe you might also like….
Summer Sipper Sangria – Garlic & Zest
Pink Strawberry Sangria – Simply Whisked