Any time I plan a party I strategically plan out my desserts and for my daughter Avery’s Baptism Party, I decided it was time to try my hand at cake pops. I’m so glad I did because I’ve been getting texts since the party wanting the recipe. These Lemon Cake Pops are so simple and absolutely delicious!
Lemon Cake Pops
My favorite part about these was how simple they were to make. I didn’t have to buy a special pan or machine. All I needed was my Betty Crocker Lemon cake mix, Pillsbury Vanilla Icing, Wilton Pink Candy Melts and popsicle sticks. The key to these cake pops was the moist consistency of the cake mixed with the vanilla icing. You want it to still have a crumbly consistency, but also be able to mold into a ball. I used my ice cream scooper to create the perfect size for the cake balls. Enjoy!
Want more party dessert ideas?
I love throwing parties and I love making desserts! So if you’re looking for inspiration for your next party, you’ve come to the right place! Try these all time favorites of mine:
- This easy rum cake is always a hit whenever I make it
- These oreo cupcakes are a favorite of my daughters and I make them for every birthday party
- This bisquick strawberry shortcake is easy, quick and light – the perfect summertime treat!
Lemon Cake Pops
- 1 box Betty Crocker Lemon Cake Mix
- 2 tbsp Pillsbury Vanilla Icing
- 12 oz Pink Wilton Candy Melts
- 15 Popsicle Sticks
- 2 tbsp Royal Icing for decorating
- Bake the lemon cake mix according to the directions on the box and let cool.
- Once the cake is cool crumble the cake mix with your hands in a large mixing bowl so that the entire cake is crumbled.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Pillsbury Vanilla Icing to the crumbled cake and mix with your hands. You want the consistency to still be a bit crumbly, but able to mold into a ball and hold the shape.
- Using an ice cream scooper mold the cake and icing into a ball.
- Melt the pink Wilton melts according to the directions on the package.
- Stick the popsicle stick into the melted Wilton candy and then stick half way into the cake balls.
- Dip the cake balls into the the melted candy and swirl to cover completely.