Pressure Cooker Baked Potatoes are perfectly cooked, fluffy potatoes every time! It doesn’t have to take hours in the oven, you can make tender potatoes right in your pressure cooker in just minutes that are perfect every time!
Hey guys it’s Deb stopping by again from Bowl Me Over! Today I wanted to share with you one of my super easy go-to recipes – Instant Pot Baked Potatoes!
Let me tell you the story behind this though. When I was in the third grade my folks bought a house in the country and Dad decided he wanted to put in a garden. He tilled up the soil and put us kids to work. We planted little hills of potatoes and then about four months later we harvested the potatoes.
Our “little” garden produced about 500 pounds of potatoes! Apparently tilling up the soil where the chickens used to peck and scratch was the most fertile ground in Oregon.
Luckily… I still love potatoes!
Now I have yet one more way to enjoy a great baked potato! What used to take you hours in the oven is now ready in just minutes. No more burn-the-roof-of-your-mouth microwave potatoes that are rock hard in the middle either. Pressure cooker baked potatoes is totally the way to go!
Tips for cooking potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Scrub the potatoes well before adding them to the pressure cooker.
- Prick the outside of the potatoes several times with a fork or knife to keep them from bursting.
- Do not allow the potatoes to sit in the water. Set a trivet or stainless steel steamer basket in the pressure cooker or Instant Pot before adding the potatoes.
How long do you pressure cook baked potatoes?
- small potatoes 6 minutes (baby or small potatoes)
- medium sized potatoes 10 minutes (4-5 inches long)
- large potatoes 12 minutes (usually sold individually these will be very large potatoes)
Natural pressure release at the end.
What can I use as a trivet or steam tray in a pressure cooker?
You can certainly use the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot when you purchase it however the potatoes cannot be sitting in water. I use a stainless steel vegetable steamer. It lifts the potatoes off the bottom well and works perfectly.
How do you cook potatoes in a pressure cooker?
- scrub and clean the potatoes well.
- place the steam basket in the pressure cooker
- add the potatoes, stacking evenly
- add the water
- close the lid, seal – set timer for 10 minutes
- natural pressure release at the end
- season with butter, salt and pepper
See how easy this is? It’s just the best way to make perfectly baked potatoes every time!
You know if you’re still a little uncomfortable with your pressure cooker, you can get my cheat sheet with all my Instant Pot tips and tricks for FREE just click here!
More great Instant Pot Recipes
Pressure Cooker Baked Potatoes
Pressure Cooker Baked Potatoes
Perfectly cooked, fluffy baked potatoes made quick and easy your pressure cooker!
- 6 potatoes medium size
- 1 cup water
Wash the potatoes under cool water. Scrub and clean the potatoes well.
Add the stainless steel steamer basket to the pressure cooker, next add the potatoes, stacking evenly.
Add the water, add the water. Close the lid, set the valve to seal. Set timer for 10 minutes.
Allow the pressure cooker to natural pressure release at the end.
Debra Clark blogs over at Bowl Me Over where she shares her love of all things in a bowl! Soups, stews, salads, Buddha bowls, ice cream you name it! Comfort food that is delicious and full of flavor. Most meals are quick and easy!