Scared of making Macaroons? This Chocolate Raspberry Macaroons Recipe is perfect for beginners and makes a great Summer delight!
What makes these Chocolate Raspberry Macaroons a great Summer Dessert?
The I have a confession to make! I was once afraid of the Kitchen. I didn't enjoy any form of cooking or baking, but I'm getting better. For the first round of the Get Your Chef On I watched from the sidelines, while others shared their creations using the special ingredient lemon. I decided to no longer be a wall flower and I've entered the contest. The ingredient this round is coconut! YUM!
I'm not quite sure what made me think of Macaroons as soon as I heard the ingredient was coconut. I'm guessing it was probably all the Christmas in July talk I keep hear around blogland. Every year for the holidays I make chocolate macaroons for our Christmas Cookie Exchange. I had to kick it up a notch for this challenge so for a summer twist I give you Chocolate RASPBERRY Macaroons.
The inspiration for the combination of chocolate and raspberries comes from my high school days of working at the cutest family owned ice cream parlor. My favorite ice cream treat in between customers was chocolate raspberry ice cream! It just reminds me of those carefree days of Summertime.
- Semi sweet chocolate
- Egg whites
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut flakes
- Fresh Raspberries
Chocolate Raspberry Macaroon Recipe
- 4 oz. semi sweet chocolate
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups coconut flakes
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries
- Whisk together egg whites, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Stir in coconut and melted chocolate.
- Finally, add in raspberries and fold into the mixture.
- The raspberries will crush as you fold it into the batter.
- Line baking sheets with wax paper (make sure wax paper doesn't hang over the cookie sheet or it'll burn).
- Place small mounds of batter several inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325 F or until macaroons are shiny.
- Let stand 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack.
You can serve these Macaroons on a cupcake stand for a family gathering or a party and make them look even more decadent!
It's a chocolate summertime delight! Do give it a try this Summer season and impress your loved ones!