Hey NY Melrose Family readers! Serene here from House of Yumm. Remember me from the Rainbow Sherbet Cupcakes and the Eclair Cookie Cups. How are you all doing? I have some exciting news to share! We had baby number 4 last month! Which means I'm still attempting to lose the remaining baby weight. Seeing as how I have a massive sweet tooth that can be a bit challenging. Luckily these Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Bites are healthy and they satisfy that sweet tooth. Not to mention they taste just like real strawberry shortcake!
Strawberry Shortcake Bites
These bites are not only scrumptious, they are gluten free and vegan. These are made with all natural ingredients, no preservatives. See! Eating healthy can be fun! The base of these bites are cashews and gluten free oats. Mix that with some freeze dried strawberries and not only do they turn a fun pink color! But it adds that strawberry flavor naturally. Pure vanilla extract gives that sweetness and vanilla flavor. I used agave which is a natural sweetner, and it's vegan friendly. If you don't have any agave on hand you can substitute with honey. It will alter the taste slightly though. The agave is also what makes the mixture sticky enough to form into the ball shape.
- ¾ cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- ½ cup gluten free quick oats
- 4 tbsp raw blue agave
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Add the cashews, freeze dried strawberries, and quick oats into a food processor or blender. Process for about 2 minutes, or until you are left with a fine powder. Don't over process or blend, this could cause you to end up with cashew butter.
- Add in the vanilla extract and agave, stir until fully combined. Will be slightly sticky.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of mixture and press together with your hands.
- Roll into a ball shape. Mixture will be sticky. Make sure you press it together firmly in your palms to get the mixture to form into a shape.
- Recipe will make approximately 18 bites. Enjoy! Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. Can also be kept in the refrigerator if you enjoy them cold!
Still hungry? Sign up for the House of Yumm Newsletter for a delicious serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow House of Yumm on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the newest recipes and updates