You all know my love for cupcakes runs deep so any chance I get I try to make them. My newest obsession though is the frosting. I have a love for my classic buttercream frosting, but my newest obsession is using coffee creamer in order to flavor the frosting. Have you ever stood and taken in the variety of coffee creamers?! It’s amazing and makes my cupcakes so much fun. These Cinnamon Semi-Homemade Cupcakes are made using International Delights “Cinnabon” Coffee Creamer to flavor the frosting and it is out of this world!
Cinnamon Semi-Homemade Cupcakes
I’ve used International Delight Creamer to make Peppermint and Coconut Frosting. Both were equally delicious. The key is to make sure that you have the butter at room temperature. You don’t want to use margarine or throw the butter into the microwave because you’re frosting will end up being too runny.
These semi-homemade cupcakes because the frosting is homemade, but I took a short cut with the cake portion of the cupcake. I used Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix for the cake of the cupcake. This way I could leave time to ice the cupcakes and run around with the girls in between.
The frosting is best if you let it firm up by placing it into the refrigerator before frosting the cupcakes. These were just for us so I didn’t go crazy with the decorating. My favorite is usually a rose design though.
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Spice Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil 3 eggs
- Cinnabon Frosting
- 1 cup butter creamed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup International Delight “Cinnabon” Creamer
- 3 Cups confectioner sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare the Spice Cake Mix according to the package instruction by mixing spice mix with vegetable oil, water and eggs.
- Bake the cupcakes for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the “Cinnabon” frosting by creaming the butter.
- Add in heavy cream, “Cinnabon” Creamer and each cup of confectioner sugar.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool and frost.